Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med - Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs. H has put down her size 4 1/2 feet and badgered me into the all-inclusive food and ski fest that is Club Med on 22 Jan. It'll be tough, I know.

Any good tips/do's/dont's for this hotel?

We are two adults and two kids.

Cheers

Dobby
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have never been myself, but there are some good reviews on trip advisor. Have fun!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski hire is very expensive with Club Med. There are alternatives within walking distance. Ski Extreme in the town (a bus ride away) is recommended by people who have used them. They are extremely inexpensive during that week as they offer a 60% discount. Book directly from their website.

http://www.skiextreme.fr/

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Be prepared to hear a lot of French! Though many of the staff (GO's - you'd be a GM) will speak some English, and they will have fluent English speaking GO's specifically to cater for their English speaking clients (mostly Russian) and in the Junior- and Mini- Clubs . The staff name badges indicate what languages they speak.

You can drop in and out of the lessons as you wish - they always come back to the club for lunch unless a group pre-arranges a full day trip, so you and/or your kids could do lessons in the morning and ski together in the afternoon if you wanted to. Alternatively they'll look after the kids all day and you don't have to see them till dinner!

I'd recommend giving the lessons a try even if you are good skiers - they tend to get some of the best ESF instructors as they have their own ESF implant and get to eat in the club, so there is competition to get assigned to CM. Level 3 (advanced) lessons IME are more guiding than teaching, with a lot of time off-piste if the group is up to it. And you get to skip the lift queues.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Palumbex, thanks for the advice. To borrow from an advert, "I should have gone to Snowheads" before booking the skis and boots with CM. Doh! Have to put that one down to experience.

Davehk, thanks for the comments on the lessons and language. The kids could do with learning some more French... We will probably go for lessons in the mornings and afternoons for the first few days and then revert to morning lessons and skiing with the kids in the afternoons.

Only 25 days to go, but who's counting?

Cheers

Dobby Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dobby, CM is a tremendous although some family weeks can be a little overwhelming, everything is now paid for; the kit you paid for is very good and you can switch by walking downstairs which is the advantage of booking in house. All meals are buffet so one can choose. The ski levels are very strong at 4; expect at least BASI2/3 level of skiing all off-piste, with several named pitches morning and afternoon, a long route one day can involve helicopter return, although only experienced in Val d’. As you go up the levels the English drops off, 3A is a good technical workout, with some off-piste, 3 is good steady pace.

If I could afford it I would go all the time, good guiding, good food, free drinks, friendly atmosphere, all countries of EU will be there, warning it can be habit forming.'
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dobby, Don't worry there are many advantages in having a shop full of skis, boots and fitters right in the boot room next to you.

The lessons are great and you will probably want to stick with them all week. You get to see so much when you have an instructor with you all day.

My only tip is to bring a kettle & tea/coffee with you as they do not provide one in the rooms. No matter how "all inclusive" things are I cannot do without a kettle and some tea. Other than that you are in for a totally relaxing holiday where everything you would expect is provided.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cynic, I get the impression from a few reviews that CM may be habit forming. Unfortunately, after this year we will be restricted to school holidays and therefore it will not be a habit in which we will be able to afford to indulge every year. As for skiing levels, adults are prob level 1-2 so we'll be taking it easy (only going off piste when we forget to turn) - especially as we haven't skied for 4 years. 1 kid is beginner and 1 is level 1.

Palumbex, Mrs H has already packed the kettle.

Dobby
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi dobby, if you get chance to post when you are out there would love to hear your views as we are going out on the 29th jan, never done a club med before! have a great time!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davehk wrote:
Be prepared to hear a lot of French! Though many of the staff (GO's - you'd be a GM) will speak some English, and they will have fluent English speaking GO's specifically to cater for their English speaking clients (mostly Russian) and in the Junior- and Mini- Clubs . The staff name badges indicate what languages they speak.

You can drop in and out of the lessons as you wish - they always come back to the club for lunch unless a group pre-arranges a full day trip, so you and/or your kids could do lessons in the morning and ski together in the afternoon if you wanted to. Alternatively they'll look after the kids all day and you don't have to see them till dinner!

I'd recommend giving the lessons a try even if you are good skiers - they tend to get some of the best ESF instructors as they have their own ESF implant and get to eat in the club, so there is competition to get assigned to CM. Level 3 (advanced) lessons IME are more guiding than teaching, with a lot of time off-piste if the group is up to it. And you get to skip the lift queues.

Hi Davehk,

Could you help me? because i need some information about les 2 Alpes village:

What is the quality of the ESF instructors?

About the expert group:
Does the instructors guide the skiers a lot of time in off piste?

These informations are important for me, because i like off-piste and powder Happy

Thank you in advance for your answers

Kind Regards

Carlo
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stayed at CM in Les Arcs so can't comment on the one you are going to, but just wanted to say the amount and choice of food is fantastic. Be prepaired to let the belt out a notch!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Doss, thanks. SnowFan2050, instructor at my lowly level in 2011 was excellent. Heard good things about the top level off piste group.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dobby, Thank you for your help Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnowFan2050,

Went to Club Med at LDA last year. As always with ESF it depends on quality of the instructor.

That said, I was in group 3 (not expert group - thats 4). We were going (a little) off piste by day 3. So there is a good chance that you'll get all the off piste you want - assuming snow conditions are safe/OK.

Can't help with the powder snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skitrack, thank you for the informations Happy

i pray for pow!!! Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy