Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to eat in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in Les Almes (the bit that's not Lavachet or Val Claret, right by the Maison De Tignes) and are looking for somewhere to have dinner one evening. We don't mind travelling to any of the other parts of Tignes, we're not after fondue/raclette type thing, just a decent meal at a decent price.

Does anyone have any (sensible and relevant) ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mounta1nGoat You are in Le Lac. there are several restaurants on the main road to the left of the Maison de Tignes (with it behind you), L'Escale Blanche is good and so is the one on the corner, L'Arbina (bit more expensive). more casual is The Loop a bit further up the road, great apres and most excellent burgers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Le Lac. Clin d'Oeil mid price, good modern french style.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Clin d'Oeil
Yes, good food, fairly pricy but I didn't feel ripped off.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mounta1nGoat: I can recommend Le Petit Savoyarde in Val Claret - great value for Tignes with their 3 course special (eg French onion soup, salmon & veg and chocolate mousse) for (I think) abou 16 or 17 euros per person.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict, I think that's where Michelle and a few others ate one night on the PSB; they also recommended it - 19e I think they said
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

19e I think they said
- Ta holidayloverxx! It goes up every season! We arrive on Saturday - so will see whether it's now 19 euros-worth wink

Come to think of it, L'Armoise (where we haven't eaten as many times) - which is over the road and up a bit - does a similar offer. Quite pleasant in there too.

Our favourite is La Ferme. It's on the outskirts of Lavachet but easily reached by the free 24 hr bus. Fantastic food, lovely rustic (er, farm wink surroundings and very reasonable prices for what it is.

Here is the full Tignes restaurant guide for anyone who may be interested:

http://www.restaurants-ski.com/index.php?option=com_restaurants&page=1&station=tignes&Itemid=113
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mounta1nGoat, I had lunch with some other Snowheads at L'Auberge des 3 Oursons in Val Claret. Reasonable prices and all the staff were very pleasant.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We eat in 'Le Petit Savoyarde' over Christmas too. I'd recommend it 19e with excellent food and service. Onion tart, posh sausages and pasta and a pud.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Bagus Cafe in Tignes le Lac was unpretentious, reasonably priced, with excellent portions. Not really a smart restaurant, more informal. Anyone tried it in 2011/12?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
intermediate, Have eaten in the Bagus several times but not this season as yet. Fellow chalet guests did go there just before New Year and came back singing its praises so I would guess it's kept up its standards.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy