Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carte Neige Italian style

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Most people have piste rescue cover included in the cost of the lift pass - unless you tick the box to say you don't want it.

1st the good news:
You're covered for animal bites and infections derived from these, social contact with mellifluous people ( Puzzled ), and insect stings or spider bites. If you get malaria, you're stuffed. Oh and also covered are drowning, heat and sun strokes, electrocution.

Now the bad news: you're not covered for
Anything caused by alcoholism, drug addiction, schizophrenia, oh and manic-depressives are specifically excluded ( Toofy Grin Mad Toofy Grin Mad wink )

Just a quick note to anyone wanting to save 2 euros a day by ticking the box. Piste rescue in italy isn't free !!, don't tick it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Question, when i ski La Rosiere which is France and then ski into La Thuile which is Italy, will my French Carte Niege Cover me in Italy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timbobaggins wrote:
will my French Carte Niege Cover me in Italy

I don't know.
My ITAS covers me for rescue for anywhere I would normally go (the 12 resorts on our full area pass). When I go to other places I tend to get another pass and this will come with cover.

Oh, keep in mind that I know sod all about insurance, so hopefully someone else, who does, will be able to help
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

when i ski La Rosiere which is France and then ski into La Thuile which is Italy, will my French Carte Niege Cover me in Italy

ask at the caisse in La Ros when you buy the pass. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timbobaggins, yes you are, they have a cross border agreement so the Italian one works in France and vis versa. That is what they say at La Rosiere if you ask at the lift office.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timbobaggins, Carte Neige is valid worldwide, but you're likely to find you have to pay upfront for piste rescue outside France.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, not in Austria you won't!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard,

Hmmmm. That's an interesting development. Until now I had only ever heard of people having to cough up for piste rescue in France - hence the apparent need for carte / carre neige there but nowhere else.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Red Leon, another reason why more people might be buying Carte/Carré Neige in France is the wider cover. UK travel insurance policies have increasingly restrictive small print about skiing off piste.

I doubt whether the Italian authorities could afford to send a helicopter to pluck you off a mountain totally FOC - they're cutting old age pensions, let alone cover for reckless skiers!

The policy in Austria seems to be particularly generous - will they pluck people off mountains FOC? If so, travel insurance for ski holidays in Austria should be cheaper than for France, where the (substantial) cost will be recouped from your insurance.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
The policy in Austria seems to be particularly generous - will they pluck people off mountains FOC?
Unless rescue services are run by charities or volunteers those services will be funded in some way.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Unless rescue services are run by charities or volunteers those services will be funded in some way.

yes, but still might be paid out of general taxation and free at point of access - like the NHS.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, that might well be the case. Just pointing out that "free" doesn't seem to be an entirely accurate description.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all for replies
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy