Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Contour GPS users a few questions....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Santa got me a lovely Contour GPS, and I have a few questions Smile

It appears I can muck around with lots of settings via the StoryTeller app, even better it appears I can have different settings for position 1 and 2 of the camera swith.

So does anyone have settings that work well for skiing and then ones that work well for MTBing.

What HD settings are folk using? I've an 8gb card and a 2nd battery Smile

I've added a ND2 filter, as read on here previously. Trouble is the lens cap doesn't fit then!! Anyone solved this one?

cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
Santa got me a lovely Contour GPS, and I have a few questions Smile

It appears I can muck around with lots of settings via the StoryTeller app, even better it appears I can have different settings for position 1 and 2 of the camera swith.

So does anyone have settings that work well for skiing and then ones that work well for MTBing.

What HD settings are folk using? I've an 8gb card and a 2nd battery Smile

I've added a ND2 filter, as read on here previously. Trouble is the lens cap doesn't fit then!! Anyone solved this one?

cheers,

Greg

kitenski After trying several variations whilst away on the PSB11 I found the optimum setting for skiing was 720p 60fps; the frame rate being the critical part here. The playback in both Storyteller but even moreso in VLC was noticeably better.

I did find that for panoramic shots without much action the 1080 full HD was mightily impressive and also enjoyed playing with continuous stills (set at anything between 3 and 60 seconds) to save having to keep getting the digital camera out, but to be honest stuck with position 1 for most of the time.

I got a 32gb card from amazon very cheap so never had an issue with file sizes (The good part about having to download to Storyteller before playback means you dont tend to leave the SD card all cluttered up!)

Haven't tried any filters yet so cant advise on that.

Really love the GPS in fact my only gripe is the goggle mount can get a bit shaky at any speed, so looking at trying static helmet mount on my next trip in a couple of weeks Smile

Enjoy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy