Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resort between montgenevre and Valloire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would like to meet up with friends for a days skiing somewhere between Montgenevre (us) and Valloire (them) would a snowhead be kind enough to advise on a tidy resort thats central to both of us
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ymh,
The obvious route to travel between the two is through the Frejus tunnel. From the valley bottom the obvious one en route is probably Orelle. A slight detour takes you to Val Cenis or slightly closer Termignon. A slight detour up a winding road gets you to Valfrejus. On the other side of the Frejus tunnel is Bardonechia.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Orelle is the natural place if you want a good ski - you will go over into Val Thorens easily and it has the advantage of being on a main road with a big car park. Just remember a 15 minute bubble ride up to the slopes. But will be the best skiing out of the options given.

Val Frejus is a little more central for the 2 of you but a smaller resort. Termingon and Val Cenis are a little bit of an unnecessary detour as is Aussois.

NB Frejus Tunnel is about €50 return I recall. Think you might get a discount with you Valloire pass for the Maurienne options.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brilliant many thanks, meeting in Orelle
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ymh, Only thing to be aware of with Orelle is that the skiing is well above the tree line and may well be bleak in bad weather with very high and exposed links to Val Thorens. If weather is bad I would head to a resort with skiing below the tree line
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ymh,

T Bar makes a good point as I'd forgotton the health and safety warning . . .

"skiing in mountains that are a bit high up (so give good snow) can sometimes be cold and windy so please ski at your own risk"

Had a great day skiing from Orelle - mid morning coffee in Courchevel and lunch above Les Menuires.

Conditions pretty good right now and a freshen up due later in the week. Not many people around.

Sadly the Italians have rumbled it so lots of Fiats in the car park today.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy