Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking at Buying some Skiing Equipment.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm just getting into Skiing and would like to buy some boots and possibly some Skis. Does anyone have any advice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Happy Christmas and welcome to Snowheads.

All you ever wanted to know about buying ski boots.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20110&start=400

Confused? You will be.

Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Buy boots first, but only if past snowplough stage, a must if in the intermediate stage. Rent skis until you Know what you like or cannot rent what you need. (it saves having to lug the things on an airoplane at great cost and avoids missing out on technical leaps forward and trends in skiing) When having a lesson on snow ask the instructor what he would recommend for you, they will be the only person that can give you an accurate opinion at that moment in time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic wrote:
Rent skis until you Know what you like or cannot rent what you need. (it saves having to lug the things on an airoplane at great cost and avoids missing out on technical leaps forward and trends in skiing)

+1 for Cynic with the caveat for the above of don't rent the cheapest crappers out there. I was always handed skis I could have sworn they just fetched out of the skip for a laugh.

The technical leap forward for me was when I got a pair that matched.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
how long have you been skiing ?
first thing to spend your hard earned cash on is good instruction,
then boots,
then a second pair of boots properly fitted and two sizes smaller than that cheap ones that felt comfy like a pair of slippers Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Neville, Who is going to properly fit them?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy