Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NEW TO SKI TOURING

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a snowboarder returning to skiing after many years and am looking to get a second hand set up for snow touring that I an use on my local hills, at my local ski club (Weardale Ski Club) and hopefuly abroad. Have never ski toured before so would be grateful for any hints. Looking at ebay there are some movement spark with fritschi diamir explorer bindings going - would these be a good started set up? Am a bit unsure of the length - they are 183 cm and I am 6 foot 2 and about 12 stone - should I be going for something a bit shorter? Any advice would be muh appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boardman,
Welcome to Snowheads!

Sorry I can't comment on the specifics of your skis but, in general terms, I'm glad to hear you are going to give ski touring a go.

We took it up about 4 years ago and love it. We've had a few trips to the Alps and Scotland and have also used the kit at Weardale to get to the lifts - much better than shouldering skis! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boardman, welcome to snowheads (and happy Xmas) - you could also consider touring on tele-gear too: there's the old snowboarder joke "telemarking: that's what I want to do when I grow up" Very Happy Toofy Grin

No offence, meant Madeye-Smiley - I tour on both types of kit, and if you work at teleing it's a very satisfying skill to develop
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boardman - I have a couple of touring rigs - one of which is the Movement Spark with Fritschi Freerides from circa 2005. I think it's a great touring set up. The ski is light enough to be a comfortable touring ski but with a wood core it's also great on the downhill. I have the 183cm ski and I am pretty much the same height / weight as you so I think it should be fine for you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice and comments. I will keep looking for something appropriate second hand. The ones I was looking at have been sold but I will keep an eye out. Telemarking looks interesting but I think I will start with a classical touring set up.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy