Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fitted ski jacket - recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any jackets which are pretty fitted? Any particular brands?

I don't like ski jackets that come down to crotch level and look like a sack so I guess I would be looking to buy a soft shell type although I don't really want to spend £300 on a jacket!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you come across Finisterre? UK company who make some lovely kit, all if which is nicely cut and fitted- www.finisterreuk.com

Great service, great company, great ethics, but most importantly great kit! I started with a merino base layer and now pretty much have a wardrobe full of the stuff which does me for everything from skiing trips to UK walking hols, alpine excursions and surf trips to wherever!

Any snowheads come across the company and got their kit?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Patagonia make some very good soft shells that have a more athletic fit. There is a model called the guide jacket and that seems to retail at around the £125 level although I have seen it discounted down to £75. Within the mountaineering community were function is more important than fashion, the range is very well respected and a lot of us use this type of gear for ski-ing , ski touring and climbing. The "gapper" look within our clique is very uncool Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
simplyme, Have a look in TackyMac - some of the jackets in there are quite neat fitting.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or see if Aldi have any left in stock, decent soft shells and you'd pay many times the price if they had a big name label on them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
POSTCARD ultimate Italian slim chic if you are a ladyyyy. SOS slim Swedish chic. Prada (the £300 as a deposit)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic wrote:
POSTCARD ultimate Italian slim chic if you are a ladyyyy. SOS slim Swedish chic. Prada (the £300 as a deposit)
Thanks for your replies will check out your suggestions.

Not a lady last time I checked Cynic.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stuff intended for climbing or mountaineery type people tends to be a little better fitted. I vaguely recall another thread about that on here, but I can't find it offhand. Have a look at gear by people like Rab, Montane, Haglofs, Mountain Equipment, Mountain Hardwear, etc. I've found Montane and Haglofs to have a reasonably lean ('athletic') fit which might not suit you if you've got a more stocky build.

If you go for something that's not made from some brand new exotic fabric, and isn't specifically aimed at skiiers (who, as we all know, have far more money than sense) you should have no problem staying under £300.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blacks are pretty much bargain basement at the moment. Can't go wrong with Berghaus IMO, skiied in the driving rain at Coronet this year and stayed bone dry in my Extrem 200...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RAB do some great fitted softshells, baltoro guide jacket is my favourite midseason jacket
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy