Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The bad news is I trashed my K2 mount bakers today...

Poster: A snowHead
On a rock at JH. Could still ski but edge blown out and hole down to the core etc etc...

The good news is I now need some planks which are ok in powder, but usable on piste and in the bumps. I'll be fitting the Barons off the old skis to them... So looking for something which is not so heavy that I cannot skin for 2 hrs with them.

Preliminary thoughts based on what I can demo out here and cheap deals available in Europe

K2 Coombacks,
Dynastar Legend 105s
Volkl Gotamas...

Any other suggestions?
Oh and merry Xmas Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear - still not great conditions then or were you just pushing the boundaries?

Try the secondhand store near Kmart for cheapy replacements?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That'll be that perfect US powder them, eh?

Nothing like the paltry 5.8m up the Grands Montets.

What a royal pain. Sure they can't be repaired? Mind you, blown edges are never the same.

You can't go wrong with Volkls...

Merry Xmas to you too!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stoat of the dead, I've always wanted some Iggies, it's a sign Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoat of the dead, massive LOL. Rocks and ice at JH, shame wink

Scott Crusairs or Powd'airs silly - why would you want anything else? Gotamas are quite heavy...

Merry Christmas you daft old fart.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sharkymark wrote:

Merry Christmas you daft old fart.

+1 Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always catch that rock in Corbet's, need to start with right hand turn. K2 is an American ski buy them there, Cooms disc. so might be bargain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks chaps snowHead

Very little cheap at the moment out here...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 25-12-11 13:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cynic, if you've met Stoaty you'll realise that he doesn't just catch rocks - he unroots them wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stoat of the dead, what Sharkymark said. I love Volkl and Dynastar but Goats very heavy as are LP. Manageable for a 2hr hike if you are fit but not fun. Coombacks, Crusair would be much easier for the up. Also, Movement have a decent selection of lighter skis. Telemark Pyrenees usually have some good deals later in the season or Sport Conrad has a good deal on last years Coombacks if you need something now - http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/product-detail/__/shop/prod/1468
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoat of the dead, Try Jackson Hole Ski shop they demo CBs may be able to buy demo stock.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can always demo mine in March if you can wait that long - Freeride Pros will take any boot size.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoat of the dead wrote:
Thanks chaps snowHead

Very little cheap at the moment out here...

$330 plus post for Powdairs if you can you get them sent to an address in the US. Make an offer & you could probably save the post costs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scott-Powdair-Alpine-Skis-Mens-173-cm-NEW-/140651763949?pt=Skiing&hash=item20bf7f98ed

I got my Powdairs sent to Moffat in the summer from the same place (Quiglie) at under £300 inc. taxes & delivery as the 'make an offer' bid at the time of listing saved a few more quid.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoat of the dead, see OP, kick that one off a chair lift into an unreachable ravine, Oh dear need to claim on my insurance must have been a equipment failure. Takes a bit of planning with two pairs of skis, unless one wants to do slalom turn practice on one ski back to base of lift to make look more realistic and gain witnesses. Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sharkymark, I'll have a play with them then but I need something and some skins for St Anton in January.

And yes the curse of the Redeemers has struck again. Anywhere I take them the snow vanishes... Sad
latest report
stoat of the dead, oh no Sad

Would it be best to find a second hand pair of Mount Bakers for Jan that you can fit your bindings too as a short term fix and then you can start thinking about contributing to PhotoTim's pension wink snowHead
ski holidays
http://k2skis.com/skis/adventure/backup

http://k2skis.com/skis/adventure/wayback
snow conditions
Shudda come wit us. Snow is mint lol
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, yes, Europe's pretty good at the moment, isn't it? snowHead
snow report
Ok... Good news, the repair shop thinks they can sort it, or at least turn them into a passable pair of rock-hoppers
Better news, they are lending me some k2 coombacks free whilst they do the repair which will cost less than the ski hire would.

Bad news, I love the coombacks... Sad
snow report
£££££££
ski holidays
££££££££££££££££ - will buy you a flight back to Europe were all the powder is right now - just read the snow report - packed powder in USA speak means hard pack over here. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
stoat of the dead, Buy the Combas life is too short, Daves got wind in his sails after EU fiasco, whats the price of another pair of skis back to good old Gatwick; less than a round in the Krazy Kangaroo; go for it.
latest report
stoat of the dead, buy the skis AND get a round in the KK. Win win Toofy Grin
snow report
stoat of the dead, Switch to business class on way home extra luggage is carried free.
ski holidays
Cynic wrote:
stoat of the dead, Switch to business class on way home extra luggage is carried free.

Liking your thinking.... Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy