Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skier makes unprecendented endurance attempt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Australian skier Nick Willey has started to ski for almost 8 days non-stop (two hours rest will be permitted per day) in an attempt to beat the world endurance skiing record.

A team of doctors, paramedics and sleep-deprivation experts is on hand to help with the attempt, which is taking place at the Snowy Mountains resort of Thredbo.

This report from ABC News Online.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 2-09-05 13:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd like to know how large that mountain is Shock
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mark_s, http://www.thredbo.com.au/about/resortinformation/factsandfigures.asp
Also, if you go to the home page, there's a report on Nick Willy.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skied the place about 8 years ago (but not for 8 days) and it exceeded my expectations of Australian skiing. As the stats show, it has over 600m vertical, so the runs are quite respectable lengths (and quite characterful). The mountain and resort have quite an alpine feel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, I was referring to the fact that he intends on skiing nonstop for 8 days wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedant alert - if Nick is trying to beat an existing record it isn't 'unprecedented'. Unless of course he is trying to smash it by a multiple of 2 / 3 / or whatever. Good luck to him.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's some more about Nick Willey's impressive record attempt, from ninemsn.

It's a charitable fund-raising exercise, involving a back-up team of 30 volunteers, so let's see how he gets on. Further reports to come.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rather him than me! Shocked Confused Good luck to him!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So Nick Willy has done it, all for a good cause...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1456615.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pedant alert 2: The last line of both the 'before' & 'after' reports from abc.net.au are the same. The 'after' report should have been changed to the past tense. Nice to see the professionals cock up the editing, it's not just me wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good for him, That man has some muscle endurance eh!! Kind of a sad story though. Asbestos is bad stuff. People get paid a real lot of money for doind asbestos removal here in the States. Not a fun job though when doing schools in the summer in a hot ass suit all day, ya know. I hate the heat.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More details on this achievement from Canada.com. He doesn't plan to stop skiing until Sunday.
Quote:
He takes just two 30-minute breaks each day for health checks and the occasional massage. He tries to nap during his five-minute rides up the chairlifts, but says sleep deprivation and swollen feet are his biggest problems.

Willey said he had passed the official world record of 200 hours, eight minutes early Friday, and planned to ski until Sunday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy