Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Attention chute de neige du toit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two of our visitors were having a post-ski beer in the local piste side resto this evening - watching the proprietor up a ladder doing something with a sign on the roof. One of them said "That looks precarious - should I go and hold the ladder for him?" The other said "No, that lot's going to slide in a minute, let's move back a bit".

And it did - with a tremendous woomf - the whole roof slid, knocked him off his ladder and buried him. Fortunately they, and my OH who was just on his way back up from the poubelles, were on hand and dug him out - it took some time, the snow over his legs was a metre and a half deep though his head was just about sticking out the edge, fortunately.

I suppose they might get a free beer tomorrow (one got knocked over and the other got left).

Then ensued a bit of a fracas because the resto proprietor has just bought the business, but "pas les murs" (not sure exactly what that entails in terms of responsibility for keeping the roof clear of snow, day to day) and the guy who built and owns the building (and previously tried to run the restaurant but wasn't very good at it), and who had been up on the roof yesterday trying to shift some of the snow, was not far away. Scarcely freed from the snow, the proprietor dashed off to find him and give him a piece of his mind.

At which point our guys left - before it got violent. It doesn't surprise me that it happened - the roofs round here have huge amounts of snow on, and although they've started to clear them, some of the taller buildings (like ours, and other 3 or 4 storey apartment blocks) just have snow hanging over the edge.

Be careful out there, folks. It's not uncommon for people to be killed by snow falling from roofs. Watch where you're standing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crikey.

Was it a bit like this?

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulio, it says the image can't be displayed and clicking on the link doesn't do much. They got a couple of replacement beers when they went back to take a photo later. I'm thinking that around half hour of digging snow, some of it with bare hands, might be worth a free meal. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, I remember this happening to a restaurant on the first BB, as El Hen walked out the door (unrelated) and it all came down just in front of her nose. I was sitting on the bench outside and it all came down in front of me too - as you say, with an almighty woomf - scared me to death until I realised what it was.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schuss in Boots The chaps who had dug out the proprietor of the restaurant were walking back up to the apartment they're staying in and passed a little child playing digging in the snow just under one big overhang. They just couldn't bear to leave him there, after what they'd just seen, and tried to explain the problem and suggest he moved away. They speak practically no French and probably frightened the child to death, but at least he ran home to tell his mummy about the nasty men. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many years ago in Wengen there was a chap clearing off many of the hotel roofs after we had over 5ft of snow, all went well until he was on a roof over 6 stories up, the hotel owner had just told him he really ought to be roped on up there when the snow shifted, 60 ft fall onto solid concrete Shocked Fortunately the surrounding snow partially cushioned his fall and he survived, but I believe he suffered either broken hips or broken thigh bones
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy