Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Kendo the right first skis to buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been reading loads of posts on skis here and you guys seem to know what you are talking about. Can you help me?

Been hiring for the last 9 weeks of my skiing career mainly on piste but I did a week off piste earlier in the year at Tignes which was great and I want to do more.

Got back from St Anton last weekend having paid 160 Euros for weeks hire of some atomic nomads and decided I need to buy some skis. I'm a sucker for marketing like anyone else but I'd like to buy a decent set of skis I can grow into and stick with for a while. Don't really want to buy cheaper easier skis if I will have to buy another pair in a years time.

The Kendos look good, especially if I go for last years model, as a compromise between a good ski with on and off piste capability and not too expensive, but how good do I need to be to use 'em properly?

I'm 5'11'' and 100kg with boots and run 2-3 times a week and ski 177s usually. Currently I can ski all the pistes in a resort with good technique in fair conditions but I'm just beginning to get the hang of the powder/moguls etc. Ski 2-3 times a year.

As I say the kendos look beautiful but it's more important for me to have the right skis, would something else be better....?

Grateful for any advice you can give.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't say if the Kendos would be the best skis for you but I demoed them last year and really liked them. They seemed like a really versatile ski which would be a lot of fun in a lot of conditions so if you have seen them for a good price I would get them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lynseyf wrote:
I can't say if the Kendos would be the best skis for you but I demoed them last year and really liked them. They seemed like a really versatile ski which would be a lot of fun in a lot of conditions so if you have seen them for a good price I would get them.
Thanks.

I'd heard from forums the Kendos were pretty stiff compared to, say, some prophet 90s but reviewers seemed to think they were quite forgiving.

I ski next on the 8th Jan, hoping to sort something out then but will probably only get one demo session in before I buy so I wanted to be sure the Kendos were worth spending time on.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dmitri, I and the OH found the kendos a bit soft although a very nice ski otherwise. We skied the 177 albeit only in a snow dome. We're both broadly 5'6" and 62 kgs for me, 57kgs for her.

Probably not much help, eh? Best find somewhere to demo them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't find them particularly stiff or soft, softer than a Mantra, stiffer than the Scott Mission or Rossi S3 if that helps?

I'm shorter and lighter than you as well Dmitri, and skied the 177cms so you may want to try the next size
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name, that's actually very interesting. What sort of stuff do you usually ski? Could be they are the right ones for me after all.

Think I'll give EB at Tamworth a ring!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dmitri, We ski anything really. We livein Geneva and ski about 60 days a year. We've both skied since we were 4 yrs.

So i'd guess we are quite technical.

It sounds to me like the Kendos might fit you well, but you really must try before you buy!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy