Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went to pick up my old Head Cyber XP80's from being serviced today and was told that they can't grind the base as it's now too thin. So tomorrow I'll be taking them to Italy but not bringing them back. Ah well, they've been a faithful servant for almost 10 years and a truly fabulous ski.

This is what was said about them when I bought them:

Some dream of love. Others of power. But when Head's ski engineers dream, they must dream of the Cyber XP 80. A bright red slide-rule of an expert ski so packed with innovative gear, it bristles. Consider the Traction Power System (TPS), for example. An integrated steel spring that keeps the ski pressed down on the snow. Or the aluminium-titanium laminates and 'Carbon Jacket' that surround the ski's wood core, enlivening its response. Or the ski's chrome-vanadium alloy edge, five times more durable than normal steel. But the ski's side-cut and the resulting sweetly elliptical turn shape differentiate this solid, easy-turning ripper from others. 'The whole length of the ski feels engaged,' said Morgan. 'An incredibly solid attachment from tip to tail for the big mountain cruiser.' Campbell agreed: 'This is a carving machine-draws you into the turn cleanly and thrives in crud.' Quick and solid at speed, nimble in tight spots.

It’s a recipe for perfection: Take the award-winning XP 80, drape it in a full Carbon shell, slightly widen the tip and slim down the tail and you have a ski that can take you anywhere. You’ll never face terrain you can’t handle again. As unforgettable as first love.

I'll shed a tear on their last run, I'm sure. Now all I have to do is find something that can replace them !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RIP dsoutar's Head Cyber XP80's Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Incidentally - anyone else been sad when their skis have eventually come to the end of their life ? Am I being too sentimental ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think my punishers now have more filler then base, so reckon they're going to hte great ski locker in the sky shortly..not sad though as that means buying more skis!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So would this trip be the "Last Chance to Ski" ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was also told last season that my skis were beyond repair. I don't think that made me particularly sad, it gave me an excuse to buy new ones this year Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skis are like horses, sell them to someone whom you know will love them and buy from someone who loved theirs. Big clue if all the paint is on the heel of the binding you know they were loved and were not trodden one off with the other, the edges and bases will be rock solid.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stand on the heel of my binding with the other ski tom release - heresy !! Never, ever done it. Mind you even when her skis were brand new (bought by me) my wife has always done it. They're 6 or 7 years old now and I still twitch when I watch her
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dsoutar, why are you not bringing them back?

Why not ebay them and get a few quid.

Even ancient carvers fetch silly money at this time of year.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or keep them for rockhoppers wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy