Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken leg, tips on keeping sane!

Poster: A snowHead
Topic says it all. Got heli'd off the mountain yesterday after breaking my leg skiing... Knee smacked a rock. Now second day in hospital (after surgery) with about half a metre of snow staring at me! Had two holidays planned within next month but those are obv not gonna happen.. Any tips are deeefinitely welcome
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aww no! Sorry to hear that and hope you mend quickly!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmaah, Oh dear. I could send you daily pics of my holiday next week. Would that help?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timmaah, was going to recomend some dvd's , but then saw your tag line Embarassed starting looking at chile for the summer then you can still get some skiing in this year. bad luck mate snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timmaah, aww crap mate Sad if you are on fb you can play scrabble with me lol! Get well soon xx
Frosty the Snowman, that´s too mean, even by my standards Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmaah, Not much to add other than wishing you a speedy recovery. I've been though before, OK to be fair missed a day or two and not needed surgery (touches wood).

I think I'd gouge my eyes out if I had to sit and watch a meter odd of fresh fall.......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timmaah, bummer Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timmaah, Feel for you - if its any consolation SWMBO broke her ankle this week so we arent going on our planned trip Sad in 7 weeks or so. Wishing you a speedy recoverry.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timmaah, Sad Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timmaah, ok the negative...gutted for you Sad

Positive - how was the heli trip? wink

Seriously wish you a speedy straight forward recovery and some summer Chile skiing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kneepads baby! (seriously some BD Telekinesis pads like the cool kid telewhackers wear for when you get back on the horse)

bad luck mate, if I were you I'd hit the bottle bigstyle for Christmas (actually, hang on, I'm doing that as me too Toofy Grin ), and get with the rehab in Jan. Good luck, stay positive
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It happened to me last year and I really feel your pain
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timmaah, Sad Sad Sad No tips at all, just lots of sympathy. Hope it gets well soon.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timmaah, gutted really sorry to hear. The only thing to do is lots of SEO so you can ski more next season wink wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Really, really bad luck. Claim big on the insurance and start looking at Chile and Argentina ski holidays on the internet.
ski holidays
Timmaah, know exactly what you're going through, two seasons ago had a little issue with a cliff, and then had to spend the next two weeks hobbling around the resort (we were out there for five weeks) , then this past season helied off whilst ski touring (still with another three weeks in the resort) having done my acl..........

I've spent since March unable to windsurf (I live on the beach and that's my main adrenalin fix), have been able to cycle, but since the acl op begining of Sept I' m in rehab etc.....and I' m just trying to get through the rehab with a chance of getting back on planks in March, though nothing too major!

So when I get depressed, I just think of many a person far worse off than my predicament, sort of focuses your mind!
ski holidays
At least you made it on to the slopes before breaking yourself...

Still early in the season so you should be able to get some slope time before the end, depending on how bad the break is. From what I got told last year, the operation can help get you up and walking about quicker than just having it casted as the metalwork helps provide the stability/strength.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the good will messages!

No photos or DVDs please! I filmed the incident but.. you just see me skiing and then on the floor saying "i broke my leg!", bit disappointing footage.

Ditto about the people far worse off, with any luck I might get some skiing done in April, there's always dry slope right? Not sure how fearless I will be when I get back on skis though.. Prob my main concern!

I'll see if the nurses will give me some booze for chrimbo.. fingers crossed.
latest report
Timmaah, oh sh*t, poor you. Sad Hope you still manage to have a reasonably Merry Christmas.
snow report
I did my collarbone in 5 years ago...
My confidence on snow hasn't been anything like it was since.
Sometimes these things are a warning to us so we dont really hurt ourselves.

Get well soon chum,
snow conditions
broke my leg too mate, back in March. have had 4 ops and really fed up that I shan't be skiing this season.

I like your confidence, this is the first time i've been able to look at anything to do with skiing since it happened.

I feel for you though

good luck
latest report
That is awful ..Hope you get better soon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy