Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jan 14th Park Hotel Folgarida

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, Well we finally booked for Jan 14th 2012 to the Park Hotel Folgarida Italy.
Anyone else going to be there or have any advice.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be there (of course Very Happy )

The park is a nice hotel right by the piste BUT if this is your 1st ski trip DO NOT ski down to the cable car on the 1st day, as the crystal reps told some people to do last season ? There is a steep drop just above the belvedere cable car (you are not in Folgarida so you use a different access point to the slopes).

Try your best not to get a room below the bar ?? In fact kick up a right stink if you do ??

The spa is nice in that hotel and the bar is quite cheap.

You'll have a nice time - see ya for lessons if you're taking em. Crystal use our school, so you never know rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Partner and a lady we meet last year will be having lessons but it will be there 3rd week so hope they can ski down to the lift OK We where in Passo last year and they where happy on all the blues and where just getting on the east reds, I will be off on my own in the mornings but will probable meet up with them for lunch,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike SWest, We stayed there last winter and had a great time. I'll second what Wayne says about the drop, however after a few days even the little one were Ok on it. Just have someone more competent have a look at it first. Most of our group found the path from the boot room to the piste the more difficult as it was very icy. The only complaint we had, which I took to the hotel management, was concerning ice in the car park over which we had to walk in ski boots t get to the bus to go down to the lift station. They did sort it but they needed some prompting.

Other than that it was really good. The food was fantastic and plentiful. The bar was good fun and drinks were reasonably priced. The room was very nice and very clean.
My wife and kids had lessons, they enjoyed and made good progress.

If you have any questions just put them on here.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One week to go, anyone else there or have any more advice ?

Wayne, What are the conditions like now, looks good on the web cams, but are all the runs open and any idea how long to get over to Madonna Di Campiglio and back (assuming the link is open ?)

Regards Mike
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike SWest wrote:
What are the conditions like now

It's fine. There is snow - not as much as this time last year as the frenchies have pinched it all this year. Hey Ho. No worries

Mike SWest wrote:
are all the runs open

Yes

Mike SWest wrote:
any idea how long to get over to Madonna Di Campiglio and back (assuming the link is open ?)

Depends on how fast you ski

Come out of your hotel:
Go down the piste to the cable car
Go up
Come out of the car and take the steps that go down to the left onto the piste
There are 2 chair lifts in front of you - take the left chair (the 4 man)
At the top go straight forwards - pass the round cafe - and follow the run down for a few hundred yards until you get to another lift (BIG cafe on your right)
Turn left down the red slope
At the bottom of the run there are two chair lifts - take the right hand chair
At the top of the chair turn left and follow the pistes (you'll go past the top of a small 2 man chair on your right
Follow the red run down
At the bottom of the piste there are 2 chairs - with a lift pass office between. If you have not got a Madonna extension, get one here.
Take the left hand chair up into Madonna
At the top of the chair come down for about 150m then turn right towards Madonna
Enjoy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Wayne, I believe you have to pay for wi-fi at the Park, anyone know how much it is ?
I was not planning to bring a laptop but would like to be able to update people on facebook and oblivious keep up to date with snowheads.

So are there any Café's with free wi-fi ?.

Many thanks all
Mike
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well we are here, Good day on the Snow today and Hotel is great, room on the 3rd floor so no noise. Also Wi-Fi is free and
Brilliant to ski strait from the boot room.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Mike,

I'm looking at the Park for Feb 25th so any information on the hotel (particularly the noisy rooms to avoid !) , folgarida, madonna, snow conditions etc. would be greatly appreciated. Have a great ski week

Paul
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike SWest, what are the snow conditions like? Also, as an aside, since I'm on Cornwall, too. What was your journey/route to Folgarida? We are going there 1/2 term. We went last year and really enjoyed it but I see that the conditions aren't quite as good as they could be.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
barneybill, We are on the 3rd floor and not really heard any noise, and our friends have two rooms on the 2nd floor and they say that it's good there too. I would guess like Wayne said if you where too near the bar it would be noisey. Pistes are good i would say, only a couple closed ( the black down to Folgardia and half of blue 18. We went over to Madonna today and that was great, Did see one run closed there but not sure why as snow looked good ( It was very tempting). If you want off piste then probable not so good though.
johnnyh, See above for snow conditions, we traveled with Crystal so drove to Bristol, about a 2 hour flight and 2 and a half hours on the bus to resort. We did not get to the Hotel until about 21.30 but Saturdays they have a buffet so still got a meal ( Just )
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well we had a great week , all got over to Madodda yesterday.
All packed and waiting to go home but woke to almost 6" of fresh snow this morning Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the reports Mike, nice to hear of some fresh snow snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy