Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free skiing for a mounth (almost, sort of ;-)

Poster: A snowHead
THIS JOB HAS BEEN TAKEN

OK then –

Can you answer these questions with a YES?

Do you want to go skiing for the whole of February 2012?

Do you want it for free (sort of?)

MOST IMPORTANLY do you like skiing – if you don’t then don’t apply as you’ll get bored.

If the answer is YES and you are actually free to travel around the end of Jan then read on.

We have airport reps that work for us during the weekend and they are free mid-weeks. One our guys (who worked with us in 2011) has had to pull out due to a family illness. So we have a space for either 1 person for a month – or maybe even for 2 people for two weeks each (but we rather – as we’re really mean and it saves on flight costs – have one person for a month.

This is a copy of the stuff I ran earlier – 6 SH’s have a job from this.

If you're looking for a few weeks free (in a nixmap sort of style ) ski holiday, then check out the offer.

The basics are:

You would need to work for us during the weekend and you're off duty from Sunday night to Friday lunchtime (after lunch you'll be off to Venice or Milan)

Would suit couples (twin/double accom available), singles, old people (over 20), younger people (under 21), etc - we may even be tempted by people from Yorkshire - unless their ascent makes us laugh way too much.

We will supply - Flights, Accommodation, Meals, Lift pass, Equipment (if req.), ski school (if req.), uniform, etc
We will not supply - insurance, wages, ski suit

1 position is available during our busy period, eg. All Feb

More details here

Am waiting for the howls of indignation regarding the abuse of seasonal workers - but I honestly think it's a good deal.

(I know it says all the jobs are full on the webpage, but as of today we do have one space)

Or you may know someone who would be interested – why not send them a link to this page.

Last point – many people don’t get a job with us as they don’t read the details on the webpage or they don’t send Lisa (resort manager) enough information and other stuff that's asked for – just a little point to think about “before” your start writing your e mails.

Oh, It’s not me who decide who get a job – so please don’t hassle me, but if you have any question you can always contact me and I’ll try to answer.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 22-12-11 21:54; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damn, if it wasn't for this blimmin website thingy, I'd be there like a shot!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe next year, when will applications open? Will have to clear it with management (at home and at work!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
Damn, if it wasn't for this blimmin website thingy, I'd be there like a shot!

but you being a quasi-basi 5, you may be too good for us.

Oh and those VERY fat skis of yours wouldn't fit on our pistes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, If I was footloose, fancy free and with no committments I'd be there before admin,
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Doh - I've just been booked for the 19th-23rd otherwise I'm free for the month & it would suit me down to a tee.
ETA: Just realised the 19th is a set up day for us, so it might work out...

PS: Am a motorsports instructor so used to dealing with punters all day long & do not a lot in the winter except ski!

Wayne can you send me the email address via PM please, the link is just a form to submit
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If only I could persuade work to let me go for a few weeks and then persuade my Italian girlfriend to come with me..

Need someone for the following season?? Very Happy

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 21-12-11 22:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cptsideways wrote:
Wayne can you send me the email address via PM please, the link is just a form to submit

It's done
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a great offer! You should have heapsof replies,

If not - I may have a few I could "recommend" , as you are not paying wages so you cannot go for an agency, would you consider a one time finders fee as part of a private arrangement?

Naurally we would have to let admin clip the ticket and consult the the wikilawyers to keep everyone honest. Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wayne, I can't begin to tell you how much juggling and recalculating your post has caused in our house wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey, unfortunately I'm working at the moment but looking to take a career break and do a season next year 12/13 before I get too old.

Are you likely to have vacancies repping next year?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome offer, wish I was free to partake, good luck to whoever gets the job, have a ball!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nixmap wrote:

We did last time we ran this and 6 snowHead's have a job/free 2 weeks holidays

nixmap wrote:
would you consider a one time finders fee as part of a private arrangement?

No

I think the question itself speaks volumes
Old Wigan proverb, Nixmap in hole should throw away spade
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wayne wrote:

I think we saw the struggle his volunteer was having with the drifts last week...!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne wrote:
nixmap wrote:

We did last time we ran this and 6 snowHead's have a job/free 2 weeks holidays

nixmap wrote:
would you consider a one time finders fee as part of a private arrangement?

No

I think the question itself speaks volumes

Laughing Laughing

Dont take the question about finders fee and wiki lawyers too seriously I never pay them any heed, just wondered at how commercial this was going to get, in light of the noise I usually get about similar proposals and commerical posts on this site.
There is an interesting observation in that I assume Folgarida Ski Co. is profit making operation and not a charity or personal hobby.

Honestly I wish you the best of luck, I think these kind of opportunities make sense all round for enthusiastic volunteers to get some skiing in which otherwise they could not.
snow conditions
THIS JOB HAS BEEN TAKEN

Thanks for all the interest
latest report
Just in case anyone was wondering in this was a genuine offer (there are "some" out there ?)

Here is a small report from some of the SH's was answered the poast and got the job.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=87489

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
nixmap, nice to see you're still playing the prat... A non paying "job" was a dvertised with clear expectations. Add to that, EU working regs allow this, the Swiss don't. Your ignorance is not the least of your faux failings
latest report
Masque wrote:
nixmap, nice to see you're still playing the prat... A non paying "job" was a dvertised with clear expectations. Add to that, EU working regs allow this, the Swiss don't. Your ignorance is not the least of your faux failings

So what you are saying is that a job advert with clear expecations is ok to post in this forum, and actually if my place were in France my offer would be fine too?

Doesnt seem like it from your prevous rants.
ski holidays
Hi all

Thanks for all the emails regarding 2013 airport reps jobs.

Please note that we have now filled all the positions available for 2013, so no more emails please.

Cheers
snow conditions
Wayne, that was quick, I checked at the weekend and saw that the previous "Please mail us around august" had changed to "June, July or august" and had been planning to apply this week. Missed out again Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy