Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finland 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know it a bit early but planning next years trip,(this seasons trip sorted) first family ski trip with the girls (8 & 4). Looking to do a never forget trip for them.
Looking at a night in a glass domed igloo, going to see father Christmas, ski lessons for the girls and dog sledging.

Anyone any tips or advice on this.

Regards

J snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also include a visit to reindeer farm and sleigh ride. Plenty of warm layers, decent boots and gloves. You can still take youngsters snowmobiling, the guide tows them in heated pods while you drive your own. Find out when northern lights are predicted. Also plenty of money its very expensive to eat and drink in Finland. Where abouts in Finland are you heading?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Jason - I've skied Levi for a few years now - it's a lovely place and although I've not done any excursions I've spoken to plenty who have - they always have positive things to say of them. Rosemary is right about the cost of eating and drinking - it is pretty much English prices (sometimes a bit more) but if you are used to other European areas that tend to be cheaper than the UK it can seem pricey Sad

In Levi they do a guided night tour up the fell with a hope of seeing the Northern lights - which are expected to be the best for 50years this year!

I always book through Inghams but the Levi website has some good information on it.... http://www.levi.fi/en
Hope you get sorted.... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JasonW, me and my wife (then girlfriend) went to Levi in 2008. It was possibly the best skiing holiday in terms of snow (albeit we have only been to 4 resorts!). It snowed every night so each morning was fantastic fluffy powder skiing. Plus its not very high (500m, compared to 3000m in most French resorts) but all the runs are nice long cruising runs, so your children wont get scared hurtling down big vertical drops.
We did an all-day excursion, and booked through the excursion shop by the slopes. it was the best thing we have ever done on a ski holiday = skidoo for 45mins over frozen lakes (we had our own skidoo with walktalkies built into the helmets so were talking to each other on the way). This took us to a reindeer farm where we had a reindeer trip for 30mins. That took us to a husky farm where we both had a go in driving huskies and met all the husky puppies. That took us to a huge frozen lake where we did ice fishing. We had lunch there too - big BBQ in a hut. [I proposed on the frozen lake - ace experiance]. After that we did everything back in reverse (Husly, reindeer skidoo) back into Levi. It was about £130 each but well worth it. No other experiance has come close. Plus we were the only ones who had booked, so was just us 2 and the guide. Afraid cant remember name of excursion shop but they we also an estate agent(?) and was down a small alley right by the slopes.
Levi is freezing though!!! We went beginning of Feb and saw the thermometre by the slopes saying -28'. Someone came into the restaurant saying they saw it at -33. We were wearing a load of layers and hand warmers and had to go in for hot chocolates every other run. Prices were expensive then (5euro for a pint in a bar and about 14euro for the cheapest bottle of wine in the SUPERMARKET! We were told they had a huge tax on alcohol to keep idiots getting drunk. Was very surreal about 2pm as the sun had set and was all floodlit, but a good experience. Food in the hotel was terrible though. We were halfbored and ate out every night except one. Cheapish pizza places etc to grab food. Not much happening at night (inly 2 bars in teh resort) but we were knackered from all skiing we only went out for 1 drink anyway). Overall, would deff recommend Levi, esp with children as nice gentle runs. Just be prepared for the cold and slightly higher bar prices. BTW, we didnt see the Northern lights once. We were told you see them in march (which is when my younger bro saw them). Finally, Levi is the home of Santa - this didnt show in Feb, but the resort may be more christmas'y in December. Hope this helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy