Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal, which resort, where to stay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Got some good flights into Munich very cheap, and looking for resort to stay in within couple of hours, 26th to 31st december.

Thinking about Zell/Kaprun, but open to suggestions.

Looking for a resort thats resonably lively (apres ski), good intermediate terrain (OH likes trees Smile ), not too spread out as we only have 4 days skiing.

Also any heads up on accomodation would be appreciated, again something middle of the road and fairly close to lifts.

Thanks in advance, Neil.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like trees! Very Happy Zell is nice with pretty tree lined runs, enough bars etc so keep you merry, and I would think enough to keep intermediates happy for 4 days, you can easily bus to Kaprun too, its only 15 mins? I definately prefer it over Kaprun! there will be lots of advice re accomodation, we stayed on a package deal, the hotel was quite a trot to the lifts, so wouldnt recommend it, the lake is beautiful too! We all liked Zell, went at New Year 3 years ago!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
neilkav, Zell am Zee/Kaprun isn't art of the Zillertal Smile

That is Zell am Ziller.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
neilkav, If you are actually interested in the Zillertal, the main resorts are Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller and Kaltenbach/Hochzillertal. There is also a nearby glacier at the top of the valley past Mayrhofen at Hintertux. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Zillertal Valley has some 6 to 7 unlinked areas. The ideal place to stay is either Mayrhofen (157 km piste) or Zell am Ziller (also referred to as Zillertal Arena that has 163 km piste). The 453km piste in the whole valley should be enough for an active skier sampling it in a week. Think any ski pass bought for 4 days or over at any of the 6 to 7 areas will entitle the holder to ski the whole valley.

If you enter the valley from from Munich to Innsbruck motorway it is the Junction 39 at Weising. From that junction the distances are

Weising-- 5 miles--- Fugen (21 km piste) --4.3 miles----Kaltnbach (134 km piste)------5.8 miles-----Zell am Ziller------4.8 miles-----Mayrhofen-----12 miles -----Hitertux (86 km piste) (dead end)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone, my mistake Embarassed always get confused with the austrian regions.

Anyway, we're really struggling finding some decent value accomodation, really will stay anywhere (in resort to make the most of 4 days) within 2-2 1/2 hrs of munich, if anyone has any bright ideas or contacts......

Dates are 26th to 30th, cheers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
neilkav, Is that checking out on the 30th or 31st? Anyway you could try looking at www.tiscover.com , I've just done a quick check and there seems to be be plenty of double room accommodation for 26th to 31st in various places in the Tirol, eg the Wildschonau region (Niederau, Oberau and Auffach) one example the 3 star Klausenhof in Niederau 5 nights H/B for 2 for 530 Euros.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OOps missed the munich bit sorry Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink,

Thanks very much, site looks great, have asked for soem quotes, and sure we will get something soon, cheers Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
neilkav, Glad to be of help, let us know know where you eventually get to.

As an aside, if you do go to the Wildschonau region you can get an easy train transfer from Munich to Worgl and then it's a short transfer by bus or taxi to Niederau. Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy