Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian aperitif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst skiing in the Lech area (above Zurs IIRC) we stopped off at a bar full of Euro gliterrati types listening to medleys of Shakin' Stevens etc. My wife spotted the local ladies drinking an orange coloured apreitif. I ordered one with a bit of international pointing and she really enjoyed it.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of it or the ingredients but I thought it would be cool to try to recreate it on Christmas morning - I know, I'm SO romantic!!! wink wink

So, looking for help from all you Austrophiles (sic). The beverage came in a large wine goblet, was a fairly bright orange colour and was sparkling. I seem to think there was some sparkling wine but maybe not and 2-3 ingredients in all. Any ideas...??? snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Two seconds with google gives me this? http://bowenappetit.com/2011/07/09/go-to-cocktail-sparkling-wine-with-bitter-orange/

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 21-12-11 13:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

spotted the local ladies drinking an orange coloured apreitif

had their fake tan simply not melted into thei Veuve Cliquot? Sorry but I can't recall ever seeing anyone drinking that in the Arlberg. Was it Schiwasser???
Next time try a Heisse Witwe - yummy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Tyke, The orange stuff is called the Aperol and you mix it with any kinds of white wine, still or sparkling. Be careful as to how you mix it in terms of proportions as too strong makes it undrinkable. don't mix it with champagne of any variety as for some reason it makes both taste awful.

As James the Last's article says you can substitute Campari, but it does not taste the same.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski, Laughing Isnt skiwasser pink? personally I prefer jaegertee! mmmm yum!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thin this is what you are after,

http://youtube.com/v/V8WWzpk-odE
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
James the Last, Samerberg Sue, nozawaonsen, thank you! That's the stuff!! James the Last, I bow to your superior mastery of Google. I had tried and failed!

boabski, have to admit I've never seen it in the Moose or KK but it was prevelant in Zurs.... Slightly different demographic....!!!

Next job, find a local Fenland outlet for Aperol... Puzzled

Samerberg Sue, got some Prosecco in for Christmas, should do the job in favour of Champers...??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, the Aperol Spritz was a hit on Christmas morning, thanks for all your help....

Wifey even made some for visitors on Boxing Day and they caught the bug and made them for us all at their NYE Party! The bottle didn't last long... Embarassed

Is available in Sainsbury's if anyones looking....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy