Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda snow making

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi heading out to Canazei 3rd week in January and like others am somewhat dismayed about the lack of snow. However, I have noted that resort run is now open, if hard and that temperatures appear to be low. To that end can I afford to get excited based upon those clever Italian snow making skills or can I look forward to an icy hell?

This question does not mean that my normally optimistic outlook has failed me and I still believe that the snow gods have got a little left over to throw some our way.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For what it's worth, the current forecast is showing some snow there at the beginning of January.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mfamily2, we're there in the 2nd week of Jan - and also slightly concerned.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Freddie Paellahead, Please ski lightly.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It'll be fine (TM). Didn't have snow for a whole month leading up to birthday bash last year, and the temperature during the week was more like 8C. Snow on piste was impressive, and perfectly skiable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm heading out to Canazei end of Jan, but not concerned about it one bit. As someone put on a different thread about Snow in Trentino, "It always snows inthe Dolomites, might be 1m or 3m's, but it always snows". I do hope he's right!!!!! The runs look in quite good condition, so as long as the temp stays in our favour i'm sure it will be ok. It also looks like the temp will drop next week, so hopefully more snow. Previous experience tells me that most pistes will be skiable. If in doubt head to Arabba and beyhond.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its a more 'normal' start to the season than the last three years in as much as the snow is deepest in the north and west of the Alps and poorest in the Dolomites.

However the Dolomites have arguably the best artifical set up in the Alps, if not the world, and are one of the most suitable places to make snow by virtue of their shelter, low temperatures, low humidity and smooth gentle slopes.

Most of the main runs seem to be open so I wouldn't worry. Theyve probably done a lot more skiing there recently than in France because all their lifts haven't be closed snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Suedtirol region boasts very high number of sunny days each year - something like 300 I think. My experience has been though when it snows. it often chuck it down. Here's hoping
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi going to Selva Friday 23rd Dec, for week, you should panic Puzzled
Sella Ronde open both ways, most lifts in Selva and Arraba open.
Was in Campitelo last Christmas, snow making is excellent, and the Belvedere area above Canezei collects lots of snow.
Down side is poor piste maps, better side is Sella Ronde is well sign posted and colour coded for clockwise and anti-clockwise.
As reported in another snowheads thread, hardest part of the Sella Ronde circuit for me was the bashed up and steepish red from top of Cable Car (Porta Vescovo) from Arraba, also longest wait at over 30 mins:(
Selva ran mens Super G last Friday, Bode Miller second.
Arabba ran slaloms this week.
Do not worry Snow Happens wink
Can report on sun tan and piste conditions when I return.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Correction
Alta Badia came after Selva in mens FIS Worldcup
Both on Sella Ronde circuit
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Returned from Selva yesterday, 30th Dec 2011
Skied both ways round the Sella Ronde, snow making was excellent, and circuit open all week, even though we had mostly blazing sun shine for the four middle days of our 6 days skiing.
A few runs off the circuit were closed, but not many.
It was snowing as we left, though not heavily. Many pistes were becoming hard pack and icy in some places.
Even though it was sunny because of the terrain many of the lower pistes remain in the shade most of the day.
On the hottest day the conditions on the sun exposed pistes was spring like, although having said that there was very little if any bald / grassy piste patches.
Summary : conditions were much better than last year when Sella Ronde was not always open.

Don't fret about the snow, and enjoy the sunny days Cool

PS Hotel Oswald in Selva was brilliant, minibus to ski lift of choice each morning Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the report, very reassuring and looking at webcams and forecast there looks to be freshening up going on between now and our trip. Can't wait.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy