Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Racing Facilities in France / Near Geneva for Disabled Athlete

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I've been made an offer to coach a friend in the World Alpine Championships for Para-Athletes with an Intellectual Disability - it is being held in Erzurum, Turkey in late February. She has made the Australian team and we are all thrilled.

What we would like to do is warm up somewhere in Europe prior to the games.

I am familiar with France & Switzerland and speak French so a resort near Geneva makes the most logical sense as we would fly direct to GVA from Australia, and then connect from there to Turkey.

I'm a fully qualified ISIA Instructor and former examiner, and spent 6 weeks skiing in France in the last couple of years, but it has all been viewed from an Off-Piste/Freeride viewpoint - I haven't paid any attention whatsoever to the pistes and racing facilities.

I'm most familiar with Chamonix and Verbier - also Val d'Isere but it's further afield than what might be convenient. I'm wondering what there is in these areas that offer recreational racing? We do not need full FIS standard training courses, just US-style NASTAR courses would be absolutely fine.

Is there anything else in the Geneva area that would suit us better?

Thanks in advance for the feedbacl
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may be best served by contacting a local ski club which is involved in racing. You need a club that would be interested in handicapped skiers.

Try to talk to the Federation Francaise Handisport too

Directeur Sportif (ski alpin & ski nordique) : Christian FEMY
Les Balmettes # 52 A – 73320 TIGNES
Tél. 06 14 44 47 70
E-mail : ski@handisport.org

They could point you in the right direction.

btw Oz, that's just below Huez isn't it?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
About 10k miles below and a little to the right Wink

Thanks for the info!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy