Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads Autumn Competition 2011 - the natter whilst M worked..!

Poster: A snowHead
Firstly, many thanks again to all the sponsors who gave us prizes - as always, the community appreciates your generosity.

Didn't we have some difficult questions this year!
In total, 651 of us answered the questions - many selecting the incorrect answers...

What discount is www.austrian-adventures.com offering to all Snowheads for all bookings made before 31/12/11?
7.77% (11)
8.88% (638)
99.9% (0)

What will spyderjons new venture be called?
The Piste Office (622)
Lambley Post Office (27)
On the Piste (2)

Where are Solutions4feet located?

Brighton (5)
Bicester (645)
Bridlington (1)

When did family flangesax move into Haus Susane?
September 1996 (11)
May 1985 (6)
September 2006 (636)

The answers could be found in the following links that were given:

Austrian Adventures Exclusive snowHeads Discount Page
Jons new venture
Where's CEM?

What could you win this year?

Well, this years amazing prizes were:

A weeks holiday for up to 13 people in a self catered chalet in Austria (option to upgrade to catered) OR a week for 2 catered
A Ski tune & lesson
A set of customised ski boot footbeds
A pair of Kneissl skis
TWO Kodak Playsport video cameras
FOUR items of clothing from the Bamboo range
A Surfanic Jacket
A pair of Surfanic Ski pants
Global Bag Tag goodies
TWO Zaini Super-Beanies
A snowHeads Fleece
A snowHeads T- Shirt
A Frankly top
A Bobskis sledge

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you a lucky winner? Will you be having a PM drop into your in-box this evening..?

CONGRATULATIONS!
Those that did are:
Dean, Grahame, ColdSmoke, Sev112, Jedi2020, Minimum_2, Garfield, RichardBambrook, R0g3ratnw, Andy2, Bogusman, Spiky1013, Juliette, Tomosjac2, Jackr , Blondilocks, Alexsam97, Zski, Zellmaniac, Jake43, FraserP, SLB79, Helen3, Jade, Slowphil, Richard_sideways & Trdg01

If they don't reply by this evening, was YOUR name one of the backups pulled???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The winners will be announced the evening of Wednesday 21st December!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 22-12-11 10:02; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hooray , it's come back - i was bust typing my Oscars speech thanking all the sponsors and it all disappeared

Thought i was going a little bit mad - well you know the red wine in eth week before Xmas and what it does Smile

Congrats to all those that won Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eh.....Where's all the posts above sev112, 22:20 gone to?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I's be smellin' drama afoot.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No drama - just lots to sort - and some of us have to actually go to work in the midst of it all Sad I just ran out of time! Will finish and post when I get back from Lisbon!

Oh - and those extra names that were pulled are:
VladIII
Elenius3
Rob Goodall
Graham T
Shimmy Alcott
Hutchy
gainz
jamesbrine@hotmail.com
Amysnow
Ijeens
William2

If you haven't already, check your inbox!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Damn it!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bum Sad
Well done the winners Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ooo, look at me snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, so what did you win?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
ooo, look at me snowHead

Well done, what did you win?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dunno yet Laughing Im guessing the ski hol has gone Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michelle, I think you deserve a vote of thanks for organising and sorting out all of this. I've had a chance to see the process that you are now going through and it looks like a real logistical nightmare to work through. Many thanks for all your sterling efforts, you deserve to enjoy a warm glow over the Christmas break for all your efforts Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow - my name is on the list! I have never won any prize draw before - ever!

I received a message in my e-mail saying a PM has been sent to me but there is nothing in my inbox. Is something wrong?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zellmaniac, you had to reply before last night; if you didnt then another name is drawn - its the process adopted as people need to reply so prizes can be allocated (as prizes are picked in turn in order of the winners picked). Your PM has been deleted, I assume, as you missed the boat Sad Sad sounds sucky but you still havent won anything
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very Happy
snow conditions
Aargh. Shimmy , you're right! Well there's always next year! Embarassed
snow conditions
11 no-shows (tough break zellmaniac) moves me up the table to a respectable mid-field position... C'mon Sledge!!! snowHead
ski holidays
What if nobody answers the PM and they run out of people on the reserve list??? (crosses fingers lol)
latest report
Richard_Sideways,

Good luck - you may yet end up with the holiday!!! wink
ski holidays
Congrats all! Got a bit excited this morning with a PM from Admin! Trust me to forget its time for my annual subscription to auto renew!
ski holidays
Does this mean as I was not able to log on yesterday I've lost out on a prize~/
Nothing in in box
ski holidays
Garfield, Yes, I think it does Sad zellmaniac, was in the same position. I went out armed with portable PC and dongle Monday and yesterday so that I could check for things.
latest report
Megamum, Seems a bit hard that you only have a day to check
Anyway hope whoever got the prize enjoys it
Ho Hum
snow report
Megamum, Seems a bit hard that you only have a day to check
Anyway hope whoever got the prize enjoys it
Ho Hum
snow report
Aahh, checked my inbox the other night - what a nice surprise! I hope a sent my email with response in time)
ski holidays
Garfield, I suppose so, but with so many prizes and the possibility of enter-ees vanishing into the ether, how long can the organisers realistically leave it before being able to announce to all winners, particularly those in for top prizes who has won what. The timescales were in the competition entry form. Even if the organisers had allowed 48 hrs what do you then say to someone who arrives after 3 days and says they have missed the boat, repeat last sentence ad infinitum adding 24hrs each time. I guess somewhere along the lines the organisers have to state a cut-off and stick with it, otherwise they could still be waiting for winners long since disappeared into the ether after a year.

If it's any help I guess I'd feel a bit put out if I were in your situation, but I think I'd have to accept that rules is rules for the reasons above.
ski holidays
I lost my Oscar speech when the "cut off occurred" above - i'll see if i can remember it all, but precis it instead

many many thanks to Michelle - i have no doubt that the organising of these things is never easy, and seenig all the difficulties she has had since closing this out , i am more than grateful

Just as many huge thanks to teh Sponsors - an excellent collection of prizes and i hope all the winners all come back on and give you fantastic reviews on here and elsewhere

i wont spoil teh etiquette and wait until the full list comes up but i am stupidly happ

wonderful wonderful website and people involved Smile

Merry Christmas one and all - just like a Dickensian tale on Xmas morning Smile
latest report
Megamum, Not the end of the world Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On 2 previous occasions someone, who had the potential to choose the holiday as their prize, has failed to get in touch in time Confused

The arrangement makes use of the fact that we have easy-peasy communications in this day and age in order to ensure that people actually get prizes they want (always a good thing!) snowHead

Anyway, what self respecting snowHead wouldn't log into snowHeads daily at this time of year? Shocked
snow report
Garfield, as you're sad and it's Christmas, go order yourself a sheet of stickers, don't pay and I'll cancel the charge to make you feel better Wink
ski holidays
admin, Just have to work sometimes to pay for the skiing threee weeks to go Madeye-Smiley
Didnt cost anything to enter so nothing really lost
ski holidays
admin, Shucks thanks will do
Can I stick them on a helmet Puzzled
latest report
You can stick em on your Winter tyres for all I care Toofy Grin
snow conditions
admin, If I new they would stick to tyres I would have got some before now
Will the german plod accept them instead of a snowflake and mountain marker on the side though
ski holidays
admin wrote:
You can stick em on your Winter tyres for all I care Toofy Grin

Quote of the year, absolute quality! Laughing
snow report
When do we found out who got what? Toofy Grin
snow report
spiky1013, ooo, youre close to the top! Might get the sport video camera!!!
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, would be nice! Cant complain whatever the outcome really though
latest report
spiky1013, Im hoping for the luggage scales Smile
snow report
There seems to be some mistake - my name doesn't appear top of the list and I'd virtually promised the extended family that I had a very nice place in Austria sewn up for a pleasant spring week. Oh well rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy