Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would a friends boot fit OK with bindings on my spare skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all,

Would be grateful of your help.

I have a spare of 2008 Scott Punishers (172) mounted with standard scott bindings to fit my boots mondo 27 - 27.5. I was fortunate enough to be given a new pair of skis so a friend has asked if he could borrow my punishers. His boot size is mondo 26.5. (sorry don't have boot sole lengths in mm)

What would I need to do to make this work? Do I need to alter the bindings? Can I even alter the bindings? Or is it not really worth it and he should just stick with his own skis?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just wind in the back binding and they will shift a size normally (unless they are already set right up to the stop) - this depends on the binding a bit on how to adjust, but usually this isn't complicated.

The important thing is to check the DIN settings that he needs vs what you need.

If you're not sure, most shops will adjust a binding for free for you, then you'll know it is done right - I expect they will be fine with showing you where the adjustments are made so you can set them back yourself.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic, really appreciate you prompt reply.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rlambert, When I got new boots I went from a 317mm 27 to a 306mm 26.5. Unfortunately the binding would only adjust down far enough for 307mm! You need to check the bootsole lengths, up to 10mm difference should be OK, any more thaan that could be a no-no.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy