Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre-paid internet USB - France (Tignes)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering if any SH's resident/holidaying in Tignes can advise me if its possible to get a pre paid 3G USB stick?

When working abroad before now I have bought a Vodafone 6GB stick for about £10, anyone know of anything similar in Tignes/Val?

I know there was a thread here recently about pre-paid internet access but that was mainly regarding mobiles, and I want to get the laptop sorted while we are out in January.

Also, what's the 3G like in Tignes, especially Lavachet?

Thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3G is pretty good in Val Claret, so I imagine it's OK in Lavachet too. Can't say for certain but I'm sure someone can.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rookierich,
I think you will find it is a bit more expensive in France. I have just topped my SFR stick up with 1GB and that was 35euros, valid for 60 days. There are probably better deals but mobile phones and things seem to be a lot more tightly controlled in France. You can get a stick off ebay.fr or buy one in a shop but if it is a new one and you don't register it with your identity details, address, passport, blood group rolling eyes etc. they will cut you off. I am sure one of the French residents on here will come up with better details. For email and a bit of surfing my 1GB usually lasts at least a month though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we have a dongle bought from an Orange.Fr shop (not as cheap as UK) last year and top it up via the internet (doesn't always work) or via our french orange mobile which always works (?!?) - find that a 5 euro top up will easily last a week if only used for emails but rapidly dissapears if you want more bandwidth. I suggest you find a friendly wifi enabled bar & use their connection, seems to be what most saissonaires do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rookierich, We have bouygues telecom dongles. Purchase EUR39 IIRC, capped at EUR8 per day...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rookierich, There is free WiFi in several places in Tignes, see here.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy