Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Albertan Ski Hills 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We ski every weekend, mainly Nakiska but also other places, so I'll post conditions where we have been.

This weekend 17th/18th December at Susnhine

Saturday was fine; nice snow. All usual resort runs open (not the really hard core stuff)
Sunday: epic la nina strikes again. A fab powder day, lovely temps and great skiing. Specially liked Goat's Eye and Standish gullies and chutes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It sounds like teh coverage at Sunshine and Lake Louise is pretty good for this time year? Wish La Nina would head south a little...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The weather here is a little bizarre. Its still very mild; La Nina is (I thought) meant to bring us cool arctic air. In Banff on Saturday night it rained; so I imagine Norquay might not be as good as Sunshine.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bizarre here too - high pressure fro 3 weeks! La Nina better be back soon. We were planning a BC/AB week between Xmas/NY, so looking at conditions at a variety of options
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are off to Kimberley same dates you are inland. They didn't get the big storm- I'm not entirely convinced Louise did either....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kimberley looking a decent option for us for a couple of days. I like the terrain there, and they don't seem to need too much snow to get most of hill open. Another foot would be good tho ... somewhere
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not quite Alberta, but Revelstoke, Kicking Horse and Kimberley were full of Albertans last week. Skiing was darn fine tho. Pics and reports on blog at:

Kicking Horse/Kimberley: http://gortonator.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/kicking-horse-and-kimberley-a-tale-of-2-ski-hills/
Revelstoke: http://gortonator.wordpress.com/2011/12/30/revelstoke/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Visited Sunshine yesterday (Sunday 29th Jan). Pretty mixed conditions to be honest. Very strong winds have blown most of the snow off above tree line so it feels distinctly icy anywhere up high. Only a few lifts running as well out above treeline and visibility was dire with lots of blowing snow The good news is that most of the snow seems to have been blown into the trees so the lower part of the mountain was very nice with boot / mid calf powder in the morning and then chopped up soft snow in the afternoon. The Dive was briefly open earlier in the week but was closed again yesterday.

The Double blacks skiers right on Goats Eye (Far side etc) were in pretty good condition once the scary icy traverse had been made. A few rocks as well still poking through.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy