Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kuhtai

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tell me about it please? 2 adults 1 11 yr old, all intermediates, is it limited skiing? Is there much in the village? Have you been and would you recommend , thanks Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
email this guy he lives and skis there all the time skianil@yahoo.co.uk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't really help you because I've never been there (in winter). But I thought I could mention that there is some amusement around here at present because Kitzbühel is advertising its skiing with a bit of film that seemingly was shot in Kuhtai Laughing. The piste shown on that looked very attractive.

Kuhtai is certainly smaller than the big areas, Skiwelt, Kitzbühel/Kirchberg, Ski Amadé and so on, and in that sense restricted but probably more select and just as likely to be enjoyable if you aren't looking for 100s of km of piste. The lift ticket also covers Hochoetz, above Oetz in the Ötztal on the other side of the mountain from Kuhtai (there's a free bus to get there).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
great ski-touring. Piste looked fairly limited from what I saw. Not a big resort. Village is small, but has quite a few hotels and bars.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We based ourselves in Landeck one year and did a few resorts from there - including a day trip to Kuhtai.

Great snow and quite a pleasant, if small, village - but we found the vertical drop on a lot of the runs to be small for the Alps. As I recall, the max is about 500m drop.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have ski-toured and ice-climbed in Khutai on a number of occasions and that's what its renowned for. If you're competent intermediates I would suggest you'll be bored after a couple of days as the pisted area is quite small. That said, the area does get big dumps and it is fantastic in powder.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone, really helpful advice as always, decided against kuhtai, dont think there is enough for us there, but will definitely consider a short break there, have decided to go back to Maria Alm as the chalet is perfect and we got such good prices on flights and chalet, so woohoo here we come! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Enjoy your holiday. The lifts are now there to let you ski all the way from Maria Alm to Mühlbach (and back) without using the bus - that should keep you happy!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks espri, we did attempt it last year but had a bit of a disaster day! have they replaced the long t bar, think it was at Dienten? I cant find an up to date clear piste map.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think they have. The Bürglalmbahn in Dienten is new (6-seater chairlift). There is a map here and I can't see any t-bars on the Königstour.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy