Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Deux Alpes / La Grave

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's snowing there atm. Just as well as I'm going in 2 weeks Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Grave shut for 2 days to repair the gondola. More snow than here (Monetier) apparently, promising to be the best day since January when it opens snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Grave scheduled to reopen Thursday 22nd...

Wow - look at the diary, scheduled to be in La Grave Thursday morning - who'd have thought it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aaaaahhhh when you get up there and see it all tracked out - you might think that skinning has it's advantages Toofy Grin

We knew the lift was shut, we checked the weather and we made plans and with a little luck we had a truly awseome day plus giving both my dear wife and my mates (67yr) old dad some lines to remember

We drove over to Deux Alpes and went over from there, with my mates wife driving Per's van back.

Did send Admin a text last Sunday telling him that La Grave lift was shut - and we made plans for Tuesday & as ever my good friend, Per As guiding we had another major day - this is probably one of the best vids I've ever produced and I still have loads of footage I did not use plus the descent down the Vallons Little Angel

girosse.mp4 from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/38917618

Oh and this was the day before...........

Great day in Serre, 15cms of fresh! from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/38798322
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sharkymark, aaaahhh makes me laugh reading your post again Smile

You went very quiet after you posted that message Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, just watched your vid. Looks like less snow than Monetier to me on Tuesday - by a fair bit. South wind obviously favoured us a tad more than LG. We got face shots all day snowHead . I'll edit mine once AndAnotherThing has finished drooling over it Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sharkymark, yes yes your willy is bigger than mine etc etc

You forget where I was skiing on Mon ?

When the guide says the powder was the best of the season I tend to agree with him, rather than "tourists" Smile Smile

Vids below have some classic La Grave / Serre footage in my "Gay on a tray" days - you might recognise some of the lines..

PS We're riding 197 Swallow Tails on a few of the descents - you can tell by the rooster tails!

Hopefully next year we'll rip together !!

Babylon - La Grave 2001 - Simon Bedford from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/37009823

2002 La Grave Heroes - short trailer by Simon Bedford from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/37019538
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weathercam wrote:
Sharkymark,
When the guide says the powder was the best of the season I tend to agree with him, rather than "tourists" Smile Smile

We're all tourists wink

Quote:

Hopefully next year we'll rip together !!

Rip snow hopefully and not anything terminal! Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from LDA. Runs back to the village are now in a dire state - if they weren't runs back to the resort, they'd be shut. As it is, they're crowded in late afternoon, although quite a few folk were choosing to take the lifts down - definitely a sensible option for beginners. However, we were really surpised at how good the snow is above that level. For those who've not been to Deux Alpes, it's often described as "upside down" - meaning most of the skiing is at the top, and certainly lots of beginners runs, with blacks back to the resort - in essence, although the resort is at 1800m or so, it's more like a much lower resort, where you get a lift up to a base, and then more lifts up from there. Since the "base" is at 2100m or so, it's a good place for Spring skiing. In the mornings, runs were fine down to Cretes (2100m) and Fee (2200m); in the afternoons it was better to head a bit higher, but there's a decent afternoon's skiing above Toura (2600m), where the snow is still excellent right up to 5pm. Even though we had hot sun - barely any clouds in the 4 days we skied - there was also very little melting/freezing at those levels, so far less icy than we had expected. Still at least a couple of good weeks skiing to be had...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back over to LG tonight for a day or two, staying at the Edelweiss (as I'm doing their website) hopefully will get it finished this time, though I've had all the designs etc ready since end Dec.

Taking the kit, as forecasts might deliver some fresh - but the forecasts recently have been so wrong!

Finally have cloud after wall to wall sunshine - have done some sweet cycling and walking Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from a fab week in L2A, major dump of powder mid week and was snowing like mad as we got on the transfer bus at about 11 this morning.
Resort runs were only good on the Wed but once up to above 2100m perfect spring skiing everywhere and fantastic powder on Wed all over the mountain and into Thurs in places, spent most of the week either taking my snowboarding 12 yo round the blues in the morning and being taken where ever Charlotte (Easiski) had taken her HotTots group in the afternoon by my 8yo. Well until I tore my calf muscle Thurs heading down Demoiselle so the 8yo could have a crack at the bottom 1/3 or so of Valentin! As kaoticturtle, says things did get a bit slushy later on in the day at the start of the week but the mini snowboarder reports perfect snow down to at least Toura at 4pm yesterday
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just heard from my mate a guide who lives above La Grave, 30cms of fresh cold snow in his village this morning and an estimated half metre up on La Meije, though lift only open to mid station.

Says snow is more like January than the spring powder you'd normally get, plus not good for those who changed back to summer tyres a couple of weeks ago!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy