Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OMG is it too soon to start a "Too much snow thread?"

Poster: A snowHead
We will be lucky to get out of Tignes tomorrow due to the immense amount of snow that is still coming down. Here's hoping anyway wink wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dupe
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GeorgeVII,
For those of us still stuck on the flatlands going green with envy and suffering extreme powder itch, the answer is "YES IT BLOODY WELL IS!"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The immense amount of wind here in Soelden is blowing most the new snow away again...next valley along will have awesome snow though, as its all blowing there Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
According to my mate Matt who is tucked up in Courchevel at the moment, 3 Valleys is closed today due to excess snow... No idea what that means - assume it's a skier thing, like inner-tip lead and overly tight pants... Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Considering VdI has NO runs open, road closures in place and even pedestrian restrictions due to the snow, I think the answer to the thread title is "No, it's not too soon"
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TTIUWPs. Quick!!!!!!!! Must see powder Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well once the wind lifted, cracking day in Soelden...lovely snow off piste, just no compressed base, so in places you go right down to the soil or rock.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Text from my daughter in Tignes

"Oh my god poo-poo has hit the fan, resort closed, avalanche in Val has just crushed 3 chalets, roads grid locked, manager can't get down mountain to get any of the stuff we still need and none of our food can be delivered! About to run round resort trying to find food for tonight! Snow is getting so high. Managers say they have never seen anything like it!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tetongravity is reporting 63" of snow in the last 48 hours in some parts of Switzerland.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just spoken to my mate, a guide in La Grave - he described the conditions as horrific, and with the strong winds it will get worse, in his words " you don't want to be in a car around here at the moment" and he did not know about the avalanche on the Lauteret that's happened today - so he sort of knows what he's talking about!

He often does the "commission" which is when the local guides go up in the telepherique up La Meije early in the morning to assess the conditions then ski down both the main routes, Chancal & Vallons then meet up once down to determine whether it should open or not - needless to say, tomorrow he's having a lie in!

Further Edit: Just spoken to my daughter, she's texted her mate who is in Val and they are not allowed out as it's so dangerous - latest rumour is that it was pisteurs whilst blasting that caused the avalanche on to two chalets.

No doubt will change again........
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Let's hope those chalet avalanche reports are wrong....

On a lighter note, one thing which would soon lead people to believe that there is indeed too much snow is being without power. Our power has now gone off three times this evening - just long enough for me to grope my way to the candles, then come back on. Now I have my head torch round my neck. These have been general local power cuts - the streetlight outside was off too. Not just our personal power supply being overdrawn.

There are already a lot of homes in France without power because of the weather - the maintenance of power supplies to high mountain areas can't be easy.

Fingers crossed..... it's exciting sitting here watching the snow falling, with sausages sizzling in the pan and access to the phone and internet but it would soon become no fun at all without power.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Other half and son in Wildschonau at the moment reporting also all closed there today beacuse of wind.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Okanagan, what have you been feeding them?
ski holidays
I would just like to add here that the Tignes / Val d'Isere authorities did an amazing job on Friday, even though sadly it did mean we could leave the resort wink

We had experienced some wild weather last week and it culminated in the biggest storm we have seen in a long time. We woke on Friday morning (our transfer day) to about 1 metre of new snow and all the lifts in Tignes closed and Boom Boom Boom all around us, major avalanche control in full flow.

We were staying in Val Claret with skiworld and they sent their resort car to get us across to Tignes Le Lac as some resort roads were still being cleared. We understand that there had been a slide in St Foy and the coach was waiting to get through. The Skiworld reps did very well and kept thinking on their feet as the situation changed by the minute.

As I said the Tignes / Val d'Isere authorities were tremendous and not only kept the resort access open but also the resort roads and the buses cotinued to move. In situations like this you can see where some of your llift pass money goes.
snow report
Snow Good, snowHead good to hear such a positive report; it must have been a huge challenge for all concerned.
snow conditions
Send some of it to the Cuneo region in Italy...NOTHING predicted for 2 weeks!!

sobs
ski holidays
You have to be kidding me... To much snow?.... Who could think such a thing.

This was taken today.
2 weeks ago there was no snow.
snow report
That your pad, nixmap? Your new volunteer doesn't seem to be coping with clearing the snow very well! Cool
latest report
James the Last, That made me laugh out loud Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

To much snow?.... Who could think such a thing.

People sitting in resorts where are power cuts, no lifts running and walking around the streets is forbidden because of the high avalanche risk? If you only have a 6 day holiday, a few days of that could be a bit of a bummer.
latest report
peter42 wrote:
James the Last, That made me laugh out loud Very Happy
+1!
ski holidays
James the Last, thats because nixmap has given him the week off to go and make the most of the conditions

(really all of nixmaps mates flew in to make the most of the conditions and the poor lad is running around keeping them all fed, watered, kit dry, kids happy etc etc but shush because the guys confidentiality contract means he's not supposed to tell us)
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Laughing Right. Just friends, who help each other out.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
James the Last, thats because nixmap has given him the week off to go and make the most of the conditions

My place didnt fare much better the steps where impassable. Everyone skied out, snow clearing can be done later on a powder day.. (Preferably when I am not there.)

Still something to be getting on with during the week Smile
You can say what you like, but given the choice of being up there waist deep in powder all week, with just some snow clearing to do, its not exactly a tough break.

Nix
snow report
nixmap, mine was a joke; I dont really have much of an opinion on your whole Chalet "Employee" situation

NehNeh

Shim
latest report
Its okay the temps are going back up at the end of the week, so all the pesky snow will soon melt Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy