Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gatwick Airport Parking - abcgatwick.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - had a bit of a shock when looking at parking prices for next week. Usually use NCP Longstay for North Terminal and it's coming up with a quote of £71.70 for 8 days which seems quite a lot more than last year if i recall correctly.

We've used meet and greet services before but not for a few years and on a quick trawl through the Search Forum I came across a recommendation for www.abcgatwick.co.uk and I must say their website looks good and their quote of £47.00 compares very favourably. So - anyone used them recently? Or for that matter does anyone have any other recommendations? TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at ......."PARKING 4U"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
loatie, Looks pretty good to me - looking for a meet-n-greet service at Gatwick for our trip in January. Don't fancy manhandling luggage, skis board and 2 kids onto park and ride busses. Last M&G service i used was Maple Manor (IIRC) Were good but now seem pricey. I used airport-parking-quote.co.uk and came up with Gatwick SkyParking Meet and greet for £43 for the week in January.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booked APH at Gatwick through FHR for next weeks trip - £45 for 8 days. Haven't used them at Gatwick but have at Luton several times with no issues.

Richard_Sideways, have you used Skyparking before? I nearly went with the £43 for the meet and greet but read some of the reviews on the net and decided not to. Seemed a bit hit and miss.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used APH which is 10-15 mins off site but you drop your car off and then a coach drops you at the airport.
I preferred the meet and greet .we paid around the £45 mark and it it was so easy and simple.

nyck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gadge, No not used them before, was surprised how cheap they were - last m&g service i used was £60something...
wasley, who did you use for your m&g?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used www.help-me-park.co.uk last January. Meet and greet, £54 and no problems
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways wrote:

wasley, who did you use for your m&g?

My friend booked it..but he is pretty sure it was with www.tudorrose.co.uk .I just got a quote and it came out at £45

We just met them at the drop off point gave them the keys.When we got back to gatwick we rang them about 10 mins after we got off the plane.One car was already waiting the other 1 or 2 minute wait.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just a quick update. We used the abcgatwick service last week. Faultless experience - very personable staff, text us half an hour before our scheduled arrival at the airport both ways and the car was waiting for us as we came through. Will be using them again next week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
loatie, cheers for the update. Think I'll book them for our trip in Feb. Razz
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
loatie, Cheers for the info. I just been having a look and they're even cheaper than the park-yourself-and-get-the-bus car parks. I think I'll be using them. They're also part of, but somehow cheaper than, www.help-me-park.co.uk.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we use ace and meteor meet and greet all the time, no problems in maybe a dozen trips now. Soooo much easier than the normal car parks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We always use aph at gatwick, they have recently started doing meet and greet too, would always recommend them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Further update: Received an email a few days after returning last week asking for some honest feedback. I was actually going to contact the company anyway as we had received very good service so I was happy to oblige. I then received a discount code for future bookings which I have just applied to a booking for next week. I am very happy that the price has now been reduced even further to £42.30 for 8 days parking. So far this company have impressed me - I will report back again after next week's experience. I hope they won't let me down!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Booked Meteor yesterday for meet and greet for £51.60 for a week in January - about £20 less than the last time I paid for a m&g at gatwick.
latest report
They didn't let me down! Once again a faultless experience.
ski holidays
Glad to hear it - just looked at the rates and they want £104 for a week in long-stay. Last time I was there it was half that so will look to abcgatwick as an alternative!
snow report
I usually use Stress Free Parking. I've just paid £34 for a meet and greet at Gatwick (admittedly with a SCGB discount), but it's quoted at only £40. Never had any problems with them.
snow report
Reporting back on Meteor, yep, worked ok, waiting for us for pickup at o'god o'clock and car arrived in about 2 mins of arriving at pickup point.

WORD OF WARNING: Gatwick setdown/pickup area seems to be in a state of constant flux thanks to their rennovation work. Bits closed off - Was very chaotic on Sunday, people double parking all over the place.
latest report
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread - was going to book with Airparks - but why would I bother when the quote comes out more than M+G prices!
ski holidays
Copthall Farm, just booked a week end of February, £32.50
latest report
Just booked 15 days with ABC for my trip for £65 - punched the same dates into park4less (or somesuch) and got from about £90 for park and ride style. well chuffed with the price.

Richard_Sideways, any idea how long the disruption is due to last?
snow conditions
RachelQ and everyone else, be careful when booking Meet and Greet parking at Gatwick in case you come across this company.......

I booked some parking for Gatwick before Christmas through the SCGB website and I think it was the Stress Free Parking link that eventually got me to a company called ADP Parking.
Terrible.
They collected my car fine, but when I returned I couldn't get through to the only mobile number they provided, I eventually got through 15 minutes after collecting my luggage, so not too bad, and was told they had problems with their phones. 'Ok' I thought, but I asked specifically how long would they be realistically and was told 15 mins.

Over 1.5 hours later (yes really!) of standing with all my luggage out in the cold, I still hadn't received my car back (this was on Christmas Eve as well) despite trying to get through to their phone number and either not being able to or the phone would ring and ring and not be answered. I even texted the number a couple of times politely asking to be called as I was getting worried and still nothing. I found out from a traffic warden that another guy had been waiting for his car from the same company for over 3 hours. He had 3 kids with him as well unfortunately who were all getting cold.

Eventually they did return and when I (again politely despite feeling a bit cheesed off by that point) asked for the reason for the delay, they claimed it was because of 'traffic'. I was offered a full refund as way of an apology without me having to ask myself but 1 month later, nothing received despite chasing them a few times now. They have said I will get a refund, but it never actually seems to materialise. I will post back if I do.

It's not about the money, I was so relieved to actually get the car back and get home on Christmas Eve to be honest, but it was really stressful due to the shocking lack of contact, not knowing where the car was and if it would ever come back! I wouldn't have minded so much if I'd been told the truth and I'd been kept informed.

I did notice on my return that there were about 18 reviews online reporting similar experiences/complaints and these reviews have somehow disappeared but some people didn't get their car back for 3 days by all accounts. Others were told they would be collecting the car very soon before the flight only to have to put their car in the long stay on airport car park without booking in order that they didn't miss their flight, ending up paying some pretty hefty bills but it was either park the car somewhere or not fly. Plenty of other 'nightmare' scenarios were described.

It was the worst customer services experience I've ever experienced, I think. So much so, that I'm never parting with my car keys again for airport parking!

The week before last I parked at Manchester airport multi-storey right at T1 and it cost me £39.99 for the week, literally 2 minutes walk to the terminal undercover, the same price as what a Meet and Greet quote came out to be, actually. I'd definitely go for that again, it was so easy.

That was the first time I'd ever been messed about to that degree on Meet and Greet parking though in around 6 years of doing it.

I've used Meteor in the past a few times without problems so they seem to be ok.
ski holidays
rogg, Think they're doing their 2012 Olympic refit, all new entrances and the like - make the place look less like it's trapped in the 1970s. No idea when it's due to be finished, but it looks like it may be sooner rather than later... but then again how long did it take to get the passport control area to look less like an industrial unit. rolling eyes
ski holidays
cheers - might allow an extra 15 for the 'buggeration factor' when i head up in feb.
latest report
I always use APH.

Costs me £35 for the week, using this link for a 20% discount:

http://www.aph.com/offers/welcomeback.shtml?code=home&ref=em06c&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Direct%2Bemail&spMailingID=3769006&spUserID=MjQ4Mjk3Mjk0NjYS1&spJobID=117081980&spReportId=MTE3MDgxOTgwS0
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy