Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folgaria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going here for a week in February(not by my own choice!)

Having looked it up, its appears to have only really small, easy terrain?
The town itself also looks pretty quaint!!

Has anyone ever been and can give me some info?
Any plus points?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think you need Wayne...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wayne will be along soon to explain it all wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this sounds interesting!...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Folgaria is not Folgarida so Wayne may or may not be able to help - it depends if jollykay really meant to type Folgaria, and if so, whether Wayne knows anything about it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt,
Yes I did mean to type Folgaria as in this resort here http://www.folgariaski.com/
- i did question it myself but no it is this one!

I thought i'd be lucky there and found a snowhead who'd actually been as it seems rather unknown!
Oh well heres hoping...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jollykay, I think it looks rather nice - and at least it won't be overrun by Brits. Be sure to come and tell us what it's like, won't you? If the snow is good I imagine there'd be some good off piste opportunities too. There are one or two Italian SHs, as well as Wayne, who might be able to give you some detailed information and advice.

How come you're going there?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, yes i agree!
I think it has been recently upgraded etc and also its will have a lot more charm than these french concrete jungles!

I am accompanying a school group and it does look ideal for beginners...
so i really cant complain, heres hoping the snow is good!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ahhh, the first ever ski trip. It still exists, then...
The wooden bucket lift out of town had a hole in the floor. You got 50 lire to the penny. All the gifts had something to do with boots? The town was pretty and the instructors, ummm. It was on a school trip and we were all beginners. The snow was wonderful.
It was thirty odd years ago so all the above may be bull.
Enjoy.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, I went to Folgaria last year during Feb half term with a school group.

The town is small and quaint, cobbled streets and a nice Italian feel. There is an ice rink in town and a disco, and a small bowling alley/pool hall nearby in Lavone. Plenty enough to keep the school kids amused. Lots of places do nice pasta/pizza, and prices are reasonable.

Skiing wise, the area is not huge but there are a few hill tops and bowls, so it feels bigger than the quoted km of piste might suggest. The area is great for beginners, lots of gentle blues through the trees, some steeper, wider reds to progress on to, one "black" that is fun if not very tough. The lifts are good, almost entirely chairlifts of varying vintage from ultra modern with automatic safety bars (watch those poles with the novice kids) to rickety slats for a seat. There is even a little fun park, with a few features.

If you are looking for more fun,there are some nice 'just off piste' areas and trees to play around in if the snow is good.

I found the ski instructors to be friendly and hard working, really great with the kids. Also, there are a couple of mountain huts that do great food and bombadino. Yummm.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt wrote:
Folgaria is not Folgarida so Wayne may or may not be able to help - it depends if jollykay really meant to type Folgaria, and if so, whether Wayne knows anything about it!

Nope, not a clue.
Never been there.

Puzzled

But I can give advice on ski holudays in Wigan, IT'S SNOWING Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy