Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick question... What's Soll like? Recommend it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As title says! Need to book something tonight. Did want to trty Saalbach but can't find a cheap deal but there are a couople of well priced deals for Soll?

Thankies Very Happy

Second question.. been on neilsons website, i cant see it written anywhere if transfers are included in the price or not? Any ideas? Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Millie10, I'm sure they must include transfer.

Soll works really well for loads of different peeps. I guess the only downside is needing to walk or use the ski bus to get to/from lifts (unless you are staying up by the lifts of course - unlikely). Terrain is all blues and greens with the odd red bit thrown in - some find the main home run a bit steeper than they'd like. The night skiing is a must. Plenty of nightlife if you want it. The pools/sauna complex out towards the lift station is really great. Don't think you'll find any haters here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Millie10, what hotel they offered you?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies.

The places I have seen are Guesthouse Maximilian, Guesthouse Barbara, Guesthouse Obinghof
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Millie10, you'll find their location to the action on here: http://www.wilderkaiser.info/en/site-map-soell.html
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D'oh - Sorry, you'd need to search for them first here: http://www.wilderkaiser.info/en/vermieter/list
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Millie10,

Do the night skiing - awesome!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would classify Söll slightly differently from Bode Swiller. Down in the valley is blues and greens but up at Hochsöll, where the real skiing is, it is mostly reds with a black run down from the top of the Höhe Salve. The red home run, 40a, by the gondola is quite challenging but there is a blue alternative, 40 (with an improved snow-making system this year). And, of course, Söll is part of the SkiWelt area. Great for intermediate skiers who are happy on reds, mostly straightforward with the odd more challenging bit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a short break there in January,and liked it.So...we is there for Christmas,flying out Christmas Eve Very Happy Would echo what espri says.Mostly reds,but there is some challenging skiing if you search it out.Massive area with good resto's...just dont get lost,the piste map(IMHO)is pretty confusing at times Confused If staying in the town,regardless of what the rep says,I would advise keeping your skis here www.sport-edinger.at .Based at the gondola station itself,its an excellent facility(nice warm,dry boots every morning),and the guys there are really friendly...as is everyone else in Soll Very Happy You can get the ski bus there and back,but we found it a pleasent walk,esp in the evening when you can wander around the town.Soll itself is pretty compact,some good restaurants(though book early if busy)Some noisy nightlife,if thats your thing,but also easy to find a quiet bar.All in all,a very nice place to spend a week snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went over last year and had a blast. Plenty of slopes, plenty of night life, plenty of Weinerscnitzel! (Although we did see a bar room brawl on the first night in one of the main bars and I'm talking almost full on spaghetti western style!!! but i'm sure that's a rarity, anywhere in fact )
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowskisnow wrote:
You can get the ski bus there and back,but we found it a pleasent walk

Probably even slightly moreso now, for the new underpass for through traffic on the main road is now open.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
espri, Excellent.As said,we enjoyed the walk.Got you nicely warmed up in the morning...and chance of a evening stroll.Plus,we found,the ski bus was rammed and the morning traffic pretty bad up to the station(probably beat the bus on a bad day)We were at the upper end of town,in one of the guesthouses,the other side of the village green wink Even so,it didn't take long and justified a coffee from Edingers Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've done a long weekend (5 days) every year for the last 5 or 6 years and have had a ball every time. Very affordable resort with a good selection of restaurants and bars. Huge ski area catering for most standards (IMO). As has been posted above you can opt for quiet or very lively. The Salven Stadl is a must for apres ski!! The Bella Vita and the Venezia restaurants are two we always eat in and have never had anything less than a great meal in both. If you want to treat yourself the Schindlhaus is one of my favourites of all time. I would second snowskisnow's recommendation on the Sport Edinger garage - super service and really friendly people. Haven't tried the night skiing yet (might have something to do with how much I love apres in the Salven Stadl!!) but the toboganning is brilliant fun. As I said, I've been to Soll a lot so ask away if you have any further questions!! To give you an indicator I've skied in Val d'Isere, St Anton, Lech, Ischgl over the last few years - loved them all but still adore Soll.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Soll's great, skied a few times whilst staying in other Ski Welt areas and stayed in town for 2 weeks, great town and apres, friendly locals who seem genuinly happy that your there and great fast cruising on the skiing front, the opnly downside is the lack of steep challenging skiing but you can find your own lines if you get the snow.
one of my top 10 resorts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy