Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens Equipment hire.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked to go to Samoens in feb. First time there having previously taken family to Les Gets. I wondered if anyone can give any advice/suggestions/recomendations re where to hire equipment from.

cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do not use the intersport, We used them last year just the gear was fairly old and tatty and the people in the shop were really quite rude and unhelpful just wanted you out the door asap.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have always got my skis from Roland Gay. Top notch gear and excellent service with the added benefit of lockers up at the top of the Gondola at 1600m. Saves u lugging ur skis up and down.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
good point shop looked good and so did gear and those lockers would be invaluable
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely go to Roland Gay - only ski shop on main square. He also has a shop at 1600 if you need any help while out and about.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely go to Roland Gay - only ski shop on main square. He also has a shop at 1600 if you need any help while out and about.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My group used this one a few times without any problems, close to the lift too.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&ll=46.076974,6.719373&spn=0.006281,0.013937&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=46.077104,6.719447&panoid=fAWNs0Dz2nr0LhRohIUZrw&cbp=12,123.07,,0,1.94
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have used the following shop several times http://www.xtremeglisses-samoens.com/

Very good range of gear, high end skis, very helpful staff. It's right across the road from the bubble and you can leave the ski and boots there every night - which in Samoens is a bonus because it can be a reasonable walk back to the accommodation. The good thing about Samoens is at least the walk is on the flat.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just clicked jashcroft's link - it's the same shop!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try here http://www.anthonioz-ski.com/

We had some truly excellent lessons last year with Nicolas, who is the owner's son http://www.skisession.fr/contact-fr.php
. Taught everything from the most timid beginner to crazy offpiste.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We use Passion Glisse next to tourist office and ESF ski school and it works well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Depends what you're after I think. A number of shops have satellites up at Samoens 1600 where you can leave skis and sort out problems but they are all at the top of the old gondola so not as convenient as they sound (anthonioz, jaysports and at least one other). Extreme glisses is closest to the bottom of the GME and has some good stuff and some very average stuff too. Neige et Montagne does basic gear (not much high end stuff) and has a satellite at the bottom of the Morillon gondola. I think pelissier/twinner has the best range and also does touring stuff too. To be fair I haven't tried anthonioz or Roland gay. Jaysports has a good range but you have to make sure they get their best stuff out. Wherever you go try and get a discount off lost price...I haven't failed yet. If you're thinking of demoing with a view to but then Pelissier have an interesting range this year and some of the packages are better than UK deals.

Lessons...... I've used Adrien vallier at zigzag exclusively for everything from kids and beginners to race carve training. Guiding I use Christophe Ducroz in Sixt whi is seriously deranged...you've been warned. Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for that everyone, cheers. have booked with roland gay. lessons already sorted with zigzag.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy