Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have low volume feet was thinking Garmont mystic. Looks like the interchangeable soles make them now dynafit, touring and alpine binding compatible too (as with some dynafit boots) .....

http://youtube.com/v/xTgdxv17sTo

http://www.garmont.com/ski/eng/prodotti-dettaglio.php?categoria=2&prodotto=373

2175 gram per boot does sound heavy though.

...... any other dynafit binding compatible boots I should be considering?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 14-12-11 0:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dynafit Titan TF-X. I've got flappy feet with a high-ish instep so you may find them a tad volumous. Similar type of boot and still as stiff as many alpine boots. It's about the same weight too so on the heavy side for a touring boot but a lot lighter than my alpine boots.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sharkymark wrote:
Dynafit Titan TF-X. I've got flappy feet with a high-ish instep so you may find them a tad volumous. Similar type of boot and still as stiff as many alpine boots. It's about the same weight too so on the heavy side for a touring boot but a lot lighter than my alpine boots.

Yes there's also a new ultralight version of that boot at around 1750 gram per boot.

http://www.wildsnow.com/4304/dynafit-2011-12-boots/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tried on a 26.5 Garmont DELIRIUM and the 26 Dynafit Greenmachine. The Greenmachine felt lower volume and was a better fit. Expected it to be the other way round, maybe it was the half difference in boot size.

Also tried on a Garmont Shogun but that didn't fit too well at all in the forefoot. Need to try them on with foot beds though.

Anyone know if the Titan and the Greenmachine are similar lasts / volumes?
How does the Scarpa Maestrale compare in volume to the other boots?

http://www.wildsnow.com/4304/dynafit-2011-12-boots/

The shortlist is now (in no particular order) .....

Scarpa Maestrale, = Low weight, fantastic walkmode, might be too soft, build quality suspect although recently improved.

Garmont DELIRIUM = ISO Alpine, ISO Touring but no Dynafit binding compatibility, might be too heavy.

Dynafit Titan Ultralight = ISO Alpine, ISO Touring and Dynafit binding compatibility, low weight, stiff

Dynafit Green Machine = as above without ISO Alpine compatibilty.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 12-01-12 9:08; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB, I've been skiing in regular Titans since the start of last winter - can't fault them. Don't have a particularly wide foot (though wideish around ball of foot area). Have just purchased some maestrales as a lightweight boot but these definitely feel softer so depending on what you want to drive this might be a factor. The Titan Ultralight is meant to be softer than the regular and is only approx 200g lighter per foot (though that is still a good gain). My 28.0 Titans are 1.93Kg per boot with a Palau liner & cork footbed...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
offpisteskiing,

Thanks. Had a chance to compare the walk modes of the two boots yet?

I'm changing the skis too but only driving mid-fat touring skis. Would like to continue using one boot for everything so don't want to go too soft. Not trying to sound super gnarly but I don't do that much piste skiing to justify another setup (i.e. I'm tight fisted and would rather skin up than pay for a lift ticket.)

Will save weight on the bindings going from Fritschi to dynafit and I'm generally one of the fittest in the group(s) that I go touring with so the heavy boots shouldn't be a massive problem. Suppose it'll all be down to what fits best in the end. Anyone know if the greenmachine is the stiffest of the dynafit boots?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy