Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

i am booked to go to scheffau!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, Very Happy

I am so happy because I have booked to go to Scheffau, Austria on the 21st January. Very Happy
We have been to the Ski welt last year and found it awesome. Conditions were okish and they kept it going with the snow canons. I am hopeing that the snow will be great when we are there. Toofy Grin
I just cant wait. I love it there so much. Very Happy

Moonshine
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Moonshine, I'm heading out to Scheffau that week too! I'm so excited Smile I learnt to ski in Niederau (also in Tirol) last year and loved it so I can't wait to explore the much bigger Ski Welt area this year. I'm glad that you enjoyed your last holiday in Scheffau so much and I hope you have another fabulous trip this year. Apparently the snow is amazing at the moment (2m on the mountain!)

I do have a couple of questions though if you don't mind... I've heard that the Ski Welt area is a nightmare to navigate (mostly due to the notoriously poor piste map!) - did you have any problems when you were there last year? And do you have any particular piste recommendations?

Thank you in advance Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
caro230, Welcome to snowheads. Been there twice now, Soll and Scheffau and if your there for a week you will definitely find your way back to your hotel at some point. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
caro230, the trick is that the number of the piste relates to the number of the lift that it leads to.

I have been to the skiwelt a few times but there are a few people on here who have a much better knowledge than me but keep an eye on the signs and you will be fine.

Enjoy your trip!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The biggest problem when we were there for my better half was ice and crowds on the home run to Scheffau, but I don't think ice will bother you that week. Sign posting wasn't great, but we got used to it. I enjoyed over towards Soll most and some of the runs down to the various villages. Link to Westendorf is now much easier, you used to have to get a bus. The run back down is excellent if quite steep in places. If you are a second week skier there is plenty to entertain you, so enjoy and if you get lost stop for a beer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Reasonably helpful for my 400th post. Must be going soft. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
must be a popular week to go to austira we fly out 22nd to Soll for the week

We went 3 years ago awesome snow then and looks the same now

Found it easy to navigate as per other post its the lift numbers you need to do it by

def go to Westendorf its great
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
caro230, Very Happy
I was in Niederau last year too and been there twice. I loved Niederau as it gave me confidence and loved the whole area. People are very friendly in Tirol and I just live to go skiing there. I am well hooked. Very Happy

The SkiWelt is massive compared to Niederau. We stayed in Itter last March were the snow wasn't so good but still had a brilliant time. They kept the runs open with snow canons as we had spring like conditions. I was amazed how they kept the runs open as it was really warm. Once you get a lift to the top of the mountain you are linked to other runs and it is pretty easy to get around. From Scheffau it is really good as it is in the middle of SkiWelt.

I can only agree what everyone else is saying. Watch out for the sign postings and keep checking the piste map. You will get your head around it pretty quickly. If you get stuck just ask people and I always found my way back home at the end of the day. I loved the run to Ellmau and also Westendorf. Soll is brilliant too. I can not say a bad word about the area and the pistes are usually well groomed. We should have very good conditions when we get there. Toofy Grin

Where are you flying from. We have an early morning flight from Manchester. Where are you satying? Maybe we can meet up if you like?
It is just me and my Hubby. Very Happy

Moonshine Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy