Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

schladming accommodation - recommendations sought

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of a diy solo trip to Schladming 7th - 14th january. Has anyone any recommendations for modestly priced B&B or hotel garni ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best spot, in my opinion, is the AQI Hotel right by the base of the Planai gondola station - if you don't mind being a little bit away then Flangesax on here is THE man , very helpful and prices are unbeatable.Otherwise look up the tourist office website,should have no probs at that time of the season.Great choice of resort by the way - try to fit in a day or two on Reiteralm and, if your into racing, you might catch some of the National teams training.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks briand6868, will check it out, as I will the tourist office site, but thought I'd try the personal rec road first.

Thought of flangesax, but I've skied out of flachau on a previous trip so thought I'd try a little further afield but in the same region & schladming looks good
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nickH, depends what quality you look for but last year we stayed in this pension: http://www.schladming-dachstein.at/de/unterkuenfte/gradwohl-haus_dad-43265_accommodation
Haus Gradwohl
Basic but clean and super central location, next to the main square. A few minutes walk from the gondola. Heinz Gradwohl speaks very good English too.
(it was cheap at 30Euros sth per person).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Tom W, Looked ideal, but seems booked up for the week I wish to go, as does the hotel recommended by briand6868, - beginning to think I've chosen a busy week !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nickH, Meant to say,make sure and stay on the "slopes" side of the village as it also extends across the river and up a steep hill which is a good schlep away from the village centre with a few beers on you.Kirchenwirt hotel in the centre is a good spot, cheap and cheerful but stay b+b rather than 1/2 board and eat around the village, think its around 40e p.n. b+b as opposed to 60+e 1/2 board, lots of cosy spots for dinner including the AQI (18e).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks again briand6868, the kirchenwirt looks fine, have sent them an enquiry. Not too worried about the 'cosy' restaurants around the village bit as will be on me tod so half board might well be a good bet. Have noted your advice about staying the slope side should they not have space. Haven't yet found a town map showing the pistes, so assume the ' slope' side is the one with the rohrmoos rd -is that correct ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nickH, Yep go for the 1/2 board then, you'll only be 5min walk from the Planai gondola and close by the town square,by the way ask for a room at the back of the house if possible, avoids street noise and lessens the church bells in the morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - didn't bother me but I sleep like a log after a hard day.As you're looking at the town map with the town square nearest you,the other side of the river you should see the train station, to the right is a steep hill so anything that way will be more effort than something closer to the centre, so maybe try the village side of the river for convenience. Only tip I'll give you re Kirchenwirt is that the 1/2 board food ,while good is repetative with a choice of 4 mains, snitzel,spag bol, weiner + chips and veggie, that type of thing, but only 1 changes each night and is extra 20e p.n. so I'd go b +b and order from the a la carte which will work out about the same but a huge choice and nicer options. Really nice hotel though, went D.I.Y. to them last year with my 2 sons 11 and 15 and they really went the extra mile, taxi (on the hotel) met us at the station,lots of info on apres ski stuff to do with the boys etc. Think the girl I dealt with is Carolina.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again for the advice briand6868, If they come back to me with a place then b&b with a room at the back it is, if not then I'll make sure to look for somewhere on the village side to avoid that uphill walk ! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nickH, Good choice and great resort enjoy!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
briand6868, Just booked kirchenwirt, many thanks for the recommendation. Will shortly post asking for recommended bars, mountain restaurants, pistes not to be missed etc if you 've any further advice it' d be most welcome.
Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy