Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard helmet for Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Quick question, what are the differences between a snowboard helmet and skiing helmet? I am going skiing soon and had my eye on a snowboard helmet and was wondering if it would be sufficient?

http://www.rxsport.co.uk/products/RED-Trace-Ski-Helmet-%252d-Black-Matte.html

(Reason for looking at this is because of price and the XL option (I have a massive head!))

Thanks!

Monty
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm pretty sure I might have a snowboard helmet that I use sometimes, depends kind on the type of skiing you are doing but mine has always been good and was deemed appropriate by my instructor.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have a peek through the product page you linked, you'll find the magic words "Our original design intent: Protection. ASTM 2040 / CE 1077B / CPSC". I'd be happy with it so long as it had the magic certification; I'm pretty certain that if you crash hard enough it doesn't matter how many planks you've strapped to your feet, and if you're not crashing very hard you probably won't have to worry if your helmet is up to the job!

edit: if you've not already tried one of these on, it might be a good idea. Poorly fitting helmets suck.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I ski in that helmet. Hope I don't look like a snowboarder!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies.

Fletch, what are yours views of the helmet?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

what are the differences between a snowboard helmet and skiing helmet?

There aren't any.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Montarius wrote:
Thanks for your replies.

Fletch, what are yours views of the helmet?
Its fits me very well which is the main thing.

I used to get quite hot in the bobble hat days so with the vent plugs kept out the vents were nice in the January cold (with my ears still kept toasty warm) but I imagine it may get a bit sweaty if skiing in the April sunshine. For the price I think its a decent lid, feels nicer than all the others I tried on in this range and I think it looks better than a lot of lids as its not too mushroomy in the larger sizes (mine's an L). However it does miss the features of the more high end helmets, like adjustable fit and more vents.

Looks better in white!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy