Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

andorra?? cant find a snow report??

Poster: A snowHead
just wondering if anyone is local too, out there atm,or due to go to andorra in the next week or 2???

I was due to fly out there on xmas eve, but luckily(by the looks of things) we couldnt confirm the number going, so didnt book anything, is now looking like were going in the 2nd half of jan.

but just wondering is the weather really as bleak as it looks on the webcams?? and also no snow forecast for the next week or so.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a place in Arinsal, and am moving full time out there in Jan. It is looking pretty bleak at the moment, but only need one good dump, (fingers crossed). Are you going to Vallnord or Grandvalira?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
grandvalira... yea thats what i keep telling myself, one dump of 20cm or more and a few little sprinklings and itll all be fine. but ive been saying this to myself for 3 or 4 weeks now and a lot of places seem to have had their big dump to start the season off.

the other thing im slightly worried about, is if it doesnt come soon, any big dumps of snow are going to mean people are out in force as soon as they see a snowflake.

we went bulgaria mid february(my 4 and a bit weeks of skiing before that, wed always been blessed with either an awesome season before we went, massive dumps in the week leading up to it, or in the case of canada, pretty much constant snow)

was pretty bleak, made worse by the black runs being closed for the world cup, and then the day we got 4 or 5 inches of powder, had 2 or 3 runs in the morning before the crowds got up the gondola, then it was 20 minute lift queues, and by 11am it was just cut up lumps of compacted snow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would not worry to much about crowds, unless you go during school holidays or on a Spanish holiday weekend (admittedly there are quite a few of those).

I agree with you about struggling to find an accurate weather forecast though, I normally use accuweather but that have proved rubbish for Andorra.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kev182, take a look at the Pyrenees snow report thread - there's some photos there that'll wet your appetite!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yea i saw that thread, but I cant help but think none of the webcams, even the high ones look even close to that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.snow-forecast.com usually has links to webcams and 6 day forecasts - 9 day if you register.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,
Have a look at www.Grandvalira.com . Go to the "Prepare the stage" section then look for the "Slopes" heading. That part of the website tells you exactly which lifts and runs are open on that day.
I'm going out on 27th Dec with my 2 kids & although I won't be going anywhere near a computer for the entire week I'm there I will gladly let you know what the piste is like as soon as I get back.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gary, have been looking at the site on a daily, possibly hourly basis(looking at webcams)... but the trouble is an open slope isnt necessarily a skiable slope.

I also often think that the area's own website should be taken with a pinch of salt as for weather and snow depths. last year for bansko there was a brilliant site whos name escaped me, that had a short(200 or so word) report on conditions every day, from someone who wasnt trying to bullsh*t you into buying a lift pass.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good site for all the webcams. Not so good for weather. http://andorrawebcams.andorramania.com/mapaandorra.php
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://pistehors.com/wap/ANDORRE.htm

I must admit I don't like the idea of the snow being stabilized by "wetting cycles"
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There isn't much snow at the moment (we are due to go out on 23rd) but to Vall Nord - there only top half of one of the sectors is open although there was a small sprinkling of snow lower down this morning with more due on Weds. I have ordered the friends we are going to see to do daily snow dances - either they are not doing them/ need to up frequency!!
Their next door neighbour (aged 10) did report that the snow that was there was brilliant - hoping if no substantive snow before we go at least lack of it will keeps Spanish hordes at home and we can ski the limited runs with just locals for company!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kev182, keep on with the positive thoughts... it's not great at all at the moment but it really does only take one good snowfall to change everything completely! The Pyrenees thread is the right place to hang out... but there hasn't been much to say until now which is why Andorra hasn't been mentioned yet. Grandvalira is fun though, you'll have a good time. Even better if you go in the second half of Jan.

Don't believe airbornebadger wink... unfortunately there are very few Spanish public holidays in the winter season (I think the government hates snowsports!). One of the big two was last week which was a disaster and the other is Reyes (6 January). It'll be busy around the 6th Jan but honestly apart from that the Pyrenees are empty compared to the horror stories I read here about the big alpine resorts!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

an open slope isnt necessarily a skiable slope.

Puzzled isn't it? I don't think I've come across an open slope that wasn't skiable - though some weren't a lot of fun.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Woo hoo! I've just seen a change in the forecast for Soldeu that says there will be about 9cm of snow over the weekend. Now I just have to ask myself if I believe the weather forecast (especially when it's 5 days ahead). Think positive!
snow conditions
Snow has always been ace whenever we have been - why would the snow gods be cruel now?? (And I am sure the snow dancing helping - surely the sight of a nealry 70yr old dancing is enough for them to send snow just to make him stop??)
snow conditions
The snow records for Andorra shows it to have a poor history for December. It doesn't really get going until Feb and then gets dumped by equinox storms in March. In March, Andorra can have some of the best powder anywhere in Europe.

Grandvalira webcams are here

http://www.grandvalira.com/en/prepare-stage/other-services/webcams?e=invierno

Pas is the place to get usable snow, first. You can have some good fun just riding the Pas bowl if GR and Soldeu are bare/patchy.
snow report
Maybe this will help I was ther at the Weekend from Friday 9th to Tuesday 13th we went for a holiday in Andorra to watch the Andros ice raing trophy with any sking I could get in as a bonus

We stayed at Soldeu and there was no snow looking up the hill not much on top either the hoteliers were saying the lifts would not be open in Soldeu on the 19th (there scedualed opening day) We took a drive to Arinsal and Pal and there was no snow at either with just a couple of patches where they had tried the snow cannons.

However Pass De La Casa was open with 7 lifts running 4 on the town side and 3 running down to Grau Roig these were relining heavilu on snow bening JCB'ed in over night from the road pass between the 2 and snow cannons. That said I did have a fun day on Sunday the only day I skied and the conditions near the top were pretty good.

The hoteliers and bar staff I talked to in Soldeu were saying that 5000 tourists were due to arrive on Dec 19th with only 2500 passes being sold from Pass de la Casa that week to protect the snow this is from a worried hotel manager so I dont know how true it was.

There was a brief snow shower on the Monday monning however it seemed to have cleared when we got back that evening, we went to Barcelona for the day.

It was cold enough for snow cannons -12 when we were watching the racing on the Saturday night so they should be able to maintain the piests that they have open subject to being able to buy a pass.
latest report
It is snowing at Arcalis Very Happy.
latest report
Im going to pas on the 26th for a week. May it be worth pre-booking passes if thats still possible to guarantee one.
latest report
Well my on site snow reporters have just reported 60cms of snow at their house (takes 20 mins or so to drive up to bottom of resort at 1940m so they are a fair way down) and it is still snowing.
Week today we will be there and skiing! snowHead
snow report
Just seen the webcams, its looking good. Can't wait now!
snow conditions
Lol - Richard just emailed me to say the 60 was a typo and should have been 6. Arcalis been shut all day though due to snow and been snowing all day....
snow report
Reasonable amount of snow in Vallnord over the weekend, enough to get some of the lifts open anyway.

Pyremaniac when you only work a 3 day week (with plenty of time for siesta's) I guess you don't need many national Holidays! Laughing
latest report
60-70cm of fesh snow in Arcalís.
ski holidays
5 more sleeps........ snowHead
snow report
Just seen a report that 35cm fell today at Soldeu & that there's 55cm at the top & 20cm on the lower slopes. Roll on the 27th!
snow conditions
ok to all ski bums out there like myself I was worrying myself sick last week as I was due to land in Andorra 19/12/11. Having skied for 33 years all over the world (but not in Andorra) I was really worried. Having convinced a couple of relative beginners to come with us had made the situation worse. We landed and all I can say is the forecasts are complete poppycock. It hasnt stopped snowing since we got here (El Tarter) and the only thing that is not good is that the snow is that heavy visibility is not good (and its freezing! due to wind chill and lift problems). That said only skied today (first day and it is looking good for the rest of week). So stop worrying all and get your skis waxed! I will post a further update in 2-3 days coz I am too busy enjoying the powder!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well guys unfortunately it rained on 21st December ruining the powder, however good news is that a base has been formed over the past two days when the sun has been shining continuously. I am told that more snow is forecast on Xmas day which I hope is true because the snow is melting fast in the hot weather at lower levels which will be bad news for those travelling out on boxing day.Sorry!
ski holidays
No rain in Arcalis - and snow lovely today (below freezing up there although temp rises rapidly as you head down the mountain home). Quite windy in a blustery kind of way so cold. Snow tomorrow sounds nice - fingers crossed Very Happy
latest report
Billybong, ha, ha. Your report almost tempted me to book a late deal for a flight out on the 26th, but the forecast and web cams caused me second thoughts so I backed out. The price never got to the point where it was worth a punt.

Looks better today now they have the cannons going.

The weather charts show a possibility of snow on the 4th Jan but I doubt there will be any before then.
latest report
Last evening of a cracking trip to Pas, snow has been fine on the pistes although could do with another dump soon as there were plenty of rocks peeping out today. The blacks are lovely to ski, the reds and blues are very busy and have a few icy patches. Soldeu is not as good as Pas as there are lots more rocks around. Sleeted heavy yesterday but did not really feel any difference apart from at the very bottom of the slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy