Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis, Termignon - what snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have the opportunity to join a ski trip next week (starting Sat 19th - 23rd) to Val Cenis/Termignon.
Webcams are showing a reasonable amount of snow, with more forecast for this week, but many of the snow report sites say "no snow" - is this simply because resort isn't open yet?

Can anyone in or around the area confirm just how much snow there is, what's likely to be open next week & if it's worth going at all do I take my brand new skis or my old rockhoppers???

Grateful for any info!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there,
Have a look at www.mgsski.com - they are a British family who live in Val Cenis, and offer ski accommodation in Val Cenis.

They post a (reliable) weather, snow and travel conditions update every Thursday on their website.

This weeks report says good snow throughout. Resort doesn't open till the 17th, hence the 'no snow' on weather reports.

Piste grooming is generally very good, but if you plan on going off-piste, with the relatively limited snow cover in most resorts at the moment, I'd take your old skis.

Val Cenis is quiet with good pistes, lots of off piste from easy meadows to more challenging stuff. Termignon is very quiet but is linked to Lanslebourg and Lanslevillard.

As long as you don't want night-life you should have a great time.

Gary
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Garyr, welcome to snowHeads!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Garyr, good link & welcome also! Been keeping an eye on the webcams for that week also.

Russbost, I'm taking both new and old sets, Despite looks of disgust from the missus! Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Russbost, It will be displaying no snow, as the resorts don't officially open till next weekend. They do have reasonable snow making facilities, so even some of the home runs will be covered, 'Arcelle' 'Ramasse' etc. I've done about 5 trips in Dec over the last 10 years, and always had reasonable skiing, even when there didn't appear to be much snow.

Termingnon have very well groomed slopes.

There is always Bonneval (3000m) or Orelle -Val Thorens options if the snow is poor.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanx for the info. Will defo be booking & will take just the new skis, if it's a thin covering we have the option of hiring skis within or accomodation. Smile
Thanx again to those who responded! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Russbost, Looking at the latest webcam pics, couple of foot on top of La Fema restaraunt, so don't think you will have too much problem, esp with today/tomorrows forecast.

Enjoy Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick update, was skiing there from 18th - 22nd, snowed every day, some days quite heavily, some of the best snow conditions I've ever had, unfortunately difficult to really enjoy (particularly off piste) due to poor visibility Crying or Very sad we had several total whiteouts. Despite the amount of snow there were a few bare patches appearing on the resort runs on the 22nd Shocked They really didn't seem to be trying to look after the pistes & the snow they had got at all, which seems very strange given that the Xmas week was following & there was an appalling lack of information regarding what upper runs & lifts were open when you were trying to decide where to go from the bottom, many of the upper lifts remained closed the whole week, may have been avalanche danger, but as no information given your guess is as good as mine - all in all a bit disappointing, they could make the resort so much better & more attractive with very little expense/effort - not somewhere I'll be hurrying back too.

I'm off to the 3 valleys (Meribel) on 4th Feb, no doubt will be a lot dearer, but I feel almost certainly worth the extra for better information, more varied area & better grooming/concern for the snow!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Russbost, agree, we were there the same week, fantastic snow conditions but low viz higher up at times but given the choice between blue sky days with possibly pants snow I'll take what we got, only came across a couple of stony patches on some lower steeper runs, we did have major dumps at times but considering the slopes were green only two weeks earlier there was very little time to get a good base build up but they did keep the canons going quite a bit even during snowfall!

We had some really good times off piste staying lower in the tree line where visibility was reasonable and higher also at times and came home with bases intact!

Personally I love the area so It's a shame to hear of your disappointment, for the cost of the lift pass It's much better value than a lot of better known resorts and much quieter!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy