Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres ski in Corvara

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. A group of us are visiting the Dolomites in Jan. Does anyone have any info on the apres ski in Corvara - are there bars that eg. play Europop like the Luiskeller in Selva. The Zirm Post advertises a tea dance in ski boots but I wasnt sure whether this is ballroom type dancing!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pjd, It is falling over dancing on account of the free "champagne" cocktails they give Neilson's clients at least. Other than that I couldn't really say what kind of dancing it is. A professional dancer we were skiing with wanted nothing to do with it. My son (22) said it was the worse dad dancing he had ever seen and also refused to take part. Hippo, who is (hard to believe this) a worse dancer and skier than myself has been known to partake. As to ballroom or not - I think that depends on the cut of your ski trousers. They play all the classics - the sort of stuff Axsman, likes. Senility and injury has reduced the scope of my creativity when it comes to things like "Saturday Night" and the Macarena was always an intellectual chalenge too far. I think you get the idea!

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish, Top post. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Chris Bish, I might give it a miss then !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having now been there can well recommend L'Murin - a hut near the Perle hotel just off one of the ski runs into town. Great atmosphere and a good measure of German europop. We ended up staying a few hours and taxied it back to Cortina. - 20 euros each
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bump for this as I am interested in knowing if any one has any info on the corvora night life in general. any few decent bars? prices?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If night life is your thing, Corvara may not be the resort for you. It's small and quiet. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
not looking to go clubbing or anything just want 3 or 4 decent bars to chill out in the evening and to have a bit of athmosphere in the town.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
garc wrote:
not looking to go clubbing or anything just want 3 or 4 decent bars to chill out in the evening and to have a bit of athmosphere in the town.

Selva is the 'biggy' and that's not exactly pumping at night. Corvara is a one horse town. You may get a bit going on at apres, but not much later in the evening.

Arabba or Canazei would be a slightly better bet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a link on the right hand side of the page below to a list of pubs, bars, taverns in Alta Badia. Think most of the bars in Corvara are hotel based.

http://www.altabadia.org/en-US/nightlife_alta_badia.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
good luck with finding any night life in Corvara
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
garc, From a quick wander around town L'Murin was the only lively bar - but although small it was pretty lively and Id deffo go there again. Otherwise it seemed to be just hotel bars and a wooden hut type bar at the end of the two way chairlift that promised more than it delivered.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy