Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage Doofers yet again, but a quick question

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, i rightly claim that i was the first to name the Doofer a doofer, see previous threads!!!!

However i got mine online last year with APRR, payment set up through a credit card that does not expire till 2015. I have checked my online account with APPR and all seems fine.

However i recall reading on here somewhere that all Doofer companies were stopping credit card payment and it had to be from a bank account.

APRR have my e-mail and my home address, but i have had nothing from them, so i assume i will be able to carry on using my current Doofer with current set up??

I am not going skiing till end of Jan and then again in March, so if anyone is using an APRR Doofer set up via credit card, that they purchased last year, please let me know if it all works okay,

Thanks and safe Doofering to you all snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timbobaggins, mine is also with APRR and is linked to a Visa Debit Card rather than a bank account directly. I updated the card details via phone early this year and there was no mention of any changes. Worked fine in April.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timbobaggins, I just had a letter from SANEF (it's not APRR!) re-newing my credit card expiry date for for another 2 years. So, I guess from that its oK for 2 more years.
But note www.saneftolling.co.uk do no take credit cards, perhaps that is where the confusion is coming from.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 9-12-11 11:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Freddie Paellahead, Boredsurfing,

Ah, thanks, should be ok then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, nor do SANEF france. I've moved my doofer to APRR just to be on the safe side. I could have linked it to my French account, but it isn't always full of Euros.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, Embarassed Embarassed I meant SANEF, the one I have been with for the last 5 years!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
Timbobaggins, I just had a letter from APRR re-newing my credit card expiry date for for another 2 years. So, I guess from that its oK for 2 more years.
But note www.saneftolling.co.uk do no take credit cards, perhaps that is where the confusion is coming from.

My credit card expired a couple of months ago and I got a letter. I e-mailed the new card details and got a reply to say all sorted. The only problem I had was I initially tried switching to a different card account that I only use for holiday stuff and they couldn't accept that (lots of google traslate to figure the problem) but sorted once I sent the new card details for the old account.

I think APRR are the only ones accepting credit card payment. The others all want bank details. I guess APRR will have most of the UK business as a result soon.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm, I've just tried to log in to my APRR account, as I need to change the card details before our next trip, and I can't access it. Password request shows I was using the correct one too. Guess I'll have to email them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells, I couldn't log in either and had to phone them to do it. "Can you speak English?" "Non". We muddled through.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had a quick look, and it seems as if instructions on how to log in should have been sent with my first bill. As I signed up for paper billing I would appear not to have received them Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just double checked my SANEF account to be on the safe side wink
Credit card OK up to 2014 Very Happy
(Had trouble logging in as well but then remembered I had changed my password, not having a good day so far.....)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used my APRR one last month with no problem, although it's yet to hit the credit card bill.

That said, each time I use it for the first time I always try and go through a gate where I can also pay by card, just in case. I'm just naturally paranoid I guess!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitters, in which case, so am I rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Freddie Paellahead wrote:
Whitters, in which case, so am I rolling eyes

...and me.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I last used mine in August with no problems, out again next Friday so we'll see. Whitters, I've not got the goolies to to try the 30kph track on a new trip so I go for the CC option too.

Hells Bells, Not sure you can change card details online. I had to change my card No last year and had to call them.
ski holidays
i have been trying to take out a doofer with APRR, however although it clearly contemplates that i may live in "Grande Bretagne", it won't accpet my UK postcode, presumably because it isn't, well, French, and it is a mandatory field. Any ideas how to get round this?
snow conditions
ok found answer using search function (yes, yes, should have done that first ...)

Put "00000" as your postcode and put your real postcode in one of the address lines.
ski holidays
I've just had my debit and credit cards replaced (new numbers) as the old ones had expired. I wonder if this is going to be a problem with my Sanef doofer? As far as I know the payments just seem to show on my bank account statement, but I can't recall if I set them up with bank account details or with card details - I guess I used the 'default' set up for it. Can those that understand all the French language paperwork that go with these things tell me whether I have a potential problem on my hands (and how to solve it) or whether I am probably OK.
latest report
sanman, oddly enough, I just discovered that the password they were looking for was the postcode. MY UK one, so they obviously alter it when they process the subscription, as I definitely used 00000

Basil, you can do it via your account using the secure email according to APRR.
snow report
Hells Bells, Yeah, I think I did encounter that option, or I could have written to them with the details. I thought you meant that you were looking to actually change the details online as it were.
ski holidays
Timbobaggins, Forgot to mention. You are The Dooferist, all hail!.
ski holidays
This thread prompted me to try and log in to my APRR account, as my card was damaged and replaced a few weeks ago, so just the security number has changed. It will not let me log in as the password is incorrect, and it will not send me the password when I try that route; what is the next option ? I`ve had it a couple of years, but never tried to log on till now! Wasted whole evening on it so far, trying postcode, upper lower case ; still got all original paperwork but that doesn`t help . GRRRR. Thanks
ski holidays
cstreat, after about 10 attempts I think I was locked out anyway. Get your number off the badge (25009+client number), and email them. Not sure id they reset mine back to my postcode or not, but it worjed when I tried it after they replied.
And make sure you are logging in using the 'Abonné liber-t' link

You can't just amend your card details though, you need to send them a secure email from your account area.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, Thanks, I`ve emailed them, I think ! As my card number hasn`t changed it should be ok, but it would be good to log in. It`s the fear of that barrier not going up, and the resulting ridicule from the locals ( and brits, belgies, etc ) !!
ski holidays
UK postcode as password INCLUDED the spaces
snow report
Hells Bells, just come down this morning and put a space in the postcode; perhaps you should challenge Timbobaggins, as the Doof meister, you genius. Still, when I got on to the site, I didnt understand much of it !! Thank you very much. Is there a roofbox lane for it, as I have seen a lot of different opinions on this ?
snow report
cstreat, Some tolls have lanes for over 2m high and some don't! Is the simple answer. But will you be more than 2m high?
If you are and you get to one that doesn't simply go to a manned barrier and hand then your Telepeage tag/badge/doofer Very Happy
snow conditions
cstreat, we have a Nissan X-trail, with a roofbox on it, it goes through all of the telepeage lanes. I'm sure it is (just) over 2m high. But what Boredsurfing says if you are worried.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cstreat, Hells Bells,

A challenge as The Doofer Meister, pray what does that involve, Wonder if we could get a SnowHeads sticker or T Shirt done with "Snowhead, I Love to Doofer" printed on it.
latest report
Hells Bells, also correct me if I am wrong but you can go through the HGV or PL lanes as well as your badge tag doofer can only charge at one price. Which is very handy at weekends if its busy with cars and there are only a few trucks buses coaches.
latest report
Boredsurfing, yes I think so.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Hells Bells, also correct me if I am wrong but you can go through the HGV or PL lanes as well as your badge tag doofer can only charge at one price. Which is very handy at weekends if its busy with cars and there are only a few trucks buses coaches.

Yes, you can but the scanners are mounted a lot higher so don't always pick you up and that results in a lot of waving the doofer around out the window.

It seems that the scanners are set at about 45degrees, so when they're higher they read your doofer a lot further back from the barrier if they're in a car window. When the barrier doesn't go up only reversing a bit helps (seen the locals do that) or removing it from the screen and waving it about (learn't this in a kit car sitting 3" off the deck with no reverse).

The 30kph lanes are 30 MAX so are a bit border line if you're spot on that speed and will make you nervous and twitching for the brake. They're fine at 25kph.
ski holidays
Hi I just ordered an APRR Doofer, it took my UK credit card but has not given me a user name or password (or do you get that with the Doofer). Also did not charge me for shipping to UK (just std 3 euros for france) is this normal?
latest report
migletski once you get your doofer it will have a number on it, you will need that and your UK postcode (WITH spaces) to be able to log into the client area.
ski holidays
If you want a telepeage badge without the bother of French you can get them in the UK now
www.saneftolling.co.uk
ski holidays
boredsurfin, More expensive though I think ?
snow conditions
I used my APRR badge last year then about a month later I received an invoice for my usage after making contact they said my credit card had run out so I arranged payment then logged details of new credit card for future use. So even though they did not have up to date credit card details they still allowed me to use the badge!
ski holidays
Does anybody have an idea of how long the battery lasts in the APRR 'doofer'? I have had mine now since January '09 and wonder if I should send it back to have a new battery before I drive out this season.
snow report
elj221c, I had one for 5 years which still worked when I replaced it.
latest report
elj221c, I've had mine since 2005. I'll let you know if it's still working in about 11 weeks... Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy