Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Di'sere Apres ski prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi guys,

was wondering if anyone can give me the prices of alcohol and stuff for apres ski in val d'isere? i'm particularly interested in dick's tea bar. also, do any of you guys know if dick's tea bar allow you to put a bottle behind the bar if you don't finish it? also, lastly, do any of you guys know how much a bottle of vodka is? i'm going to be out here from january till the end of the season and my brother's told me that it's beneficial to buy the alcohol by the bottle, so any word on prices would be brilliant.

thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, buy the bottle in Duty Free at the airport and top up a hip flask daily, either that or take out a second mortgage!!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have to ask, then you can't afford it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flet©h wrote:

you must be kidding. i read online that the clube doudaune (i think it's spelt like that) allows you to keep a bottle behind the bar if you don't finish it, and a bottle of vodka + mixer is 70 euros, which is incredibly cheap for a bottle of vodka in a club
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pdx wrote:
.......a bottle of vodka + mixer is 70 euros, which is incredibly cheap for a bottle of vodka in a club
Shocked Shocked WTF?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Leon wrote:
pdx wrote:
.......a bottle of vodka + mixer is 70 euros, which is incredibly cheap for a bottle of vodka in a club
Shocked Shocked WTF?

http://justvaldisere.com/2011/12/01/doudoune-night-club-opening/

yup seemed especially cheap to me aswell
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pdx wrote:
Flet©h wrote:

you must be kidding. ...[blah blah ... expensive vodka... blah blah...]
Only partly, whilst it is quite possible to have a drink in Val d'isere for us mere mortals it is not a cheap place to party.

€70 for a bottle of voddy is €2.33 a measure so its still not a cheap night, just a cheaper drink in an already expensive place and a good way to make you come back again or spend extra on expensive beer and jagerbombs. And who's only drink during a night is a bottle of Vodka in a club.

So I'd stand by my comment in that if your are worried about the prices then they will be high enough that you won't bother every night.

Since you think the €70 euros is cheap you probably didn't "need to ask" (but did anyway) so my comment doesn't apply to you!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flet©h wrote:
pdx wrote:
Flet©h wrote:

you must be kidding. ...[blah blah ... expensive vodka... blah blah...]
Only partly, whilst it is quite possible to have a drink in Val d'isere for us mere mortals it is not a cheap place to party.

€70 for a bottle of voddy is €2.33 a measure so its still not a cheap night, just a cheaper drink in an already expensive place and a good way to make you come back again or spend extra on expensive beer and jagerbombs. And who's only drink during a night is a bottle of Vodka in a club.

So I'd stand by my comment in that if your are worried about the prices then they will be high enough that you won't bother every night.

Since you think the €70 euros is cheap you probably didn't "need to ask" (but did anyway) so my comment doesn't apply to you!

i see what you're saying, but where i go out (cities; london and hong kong) a bottle of vodka in a club is like 200 euros minimum without mixer, so the prospect of being able to get it for 70 including mixer seems like a bit of a bargain.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pdx, You clearly mix in a different social circle to many of us tight fisted holiday skiers so I don't think I'd necessarily ask here for advice. You might be concerned about the fact that Val D doesn't seem to have a landing strip for your private jet wink

Actually pm parlor - I'm pretty sure he could give you chapter and verse on what bottle prices used to be in all Verbier's drinking establishments as a comparator.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pdx wrote:
i see what you're saying, but where i go out (cities; london and hong kong) a bottle of vodka in a club is like 200 euros minimum without mixer, so the prospect of being able to get it for 70 including mixer seems like a bit of a bargain.
That is £7 per vodka! 99% of places in London (or HK) charge less than that by the shot, which unless you are seriously out of touch I'm sure you would know. Why would you be worried about prices in the mountains if you are already drinking in expensive places in already expensive cities.

And if you aren't worried then why seek out the one place that has decided its deal to entice customers will be a bottle of voddy. Just enjoy the resort and spend your cash.

(Oh and try Sheffield one day, you can still get 60p vodka and cokes some places!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flet©h, I don't know if Sheffield would be his thing, The Prada ski shop or under a bridge might be better.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flet©h wrote:
pdx wrote:
That is £7 per vodka! 99% of places in London (or HK) charge less than that by the shot, which unless you are seriously out of touch I'm sure you would know. Why would you be worried about prices in the mountains if you are already drinking in expensive places in already expensive cities.

And if you aren't worried then why seek out the one place that has decided its deal to entice customers will be a bottle of voddy. Just enjoy the resort and spend your cash.

(Oh and try Sheffield one day, you can still get 60p vodka and cokes some places!)

because i'm going to be there for the whole season, and whilst i do have a fairly large budget, i don't want to run out of $$. and where i go, i have become accustomed to paying £10 for a vodka/coke/redbull. i did neglect to say that the bottles which are 200+ euros are belvedere. whilst i'm ABLE to drop that much in a night, i still have to 'watch' my spending as it were... and it's not about seeking out the one place, i'm just interested in knowing the general price of bottles and if you are able to store them if you don't finish them, as if you are, i will likely end up doing this.

fatbob wrote:
pdx, You clearly mix in a different social circle to many of us tight fisted holiday skiers so I don't think I'd necessarily ask here for advice. You might be concerned about the fact that Val D doesn't seem to have a landing strip for your private jet wink

Actually pm parlor - I'm pretty sure he could give you chapter and verse on what bottle prices used to be in all Verbier's drinking establishments as a comparator.
haha ok will do, thank you
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pdx, Do you want to score something a bit "quality" if you can drop $$$$ a night "toot toot" rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy