Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Busy at Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking of a trip over christmas and new year. How crowded are the slopes as I have vever skied at this time?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
joshua, Just before Christmas in Germany/ Austria can be great, have the slopes to youself and no queues. People generally start to arrive Boxing Day the after that all hell breaks loose and by New Year you can't get on the lifts for queue jumping rugrats ( a well placed ski stick and a bit of anglo saxon can hold them back). On the other hand New Years Eve is generally a riot, a bit like Armageddon with added gluhwein and fireworks, often at the base of the slopes themselves. And of course all cleaned up and ready to ski/board the next day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christmas is fine in my experience. (Never skied over the New Year)

The only time I had problems was Boxing Day in Sauze d'Olux when Turin turned out, and that was only to get out of the village and on to the mountain. Once up the hill there was bags of room.

Enjoy

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robapplegate, Thought as much for Austria although it would be my prefered destination primarily for the Apres Ski and all that europop!Chris Wood741, Italy is my second choice and France comes in last as I expect that is manic Puzzled But anywhere is preferable to a flat windy Lincolnshire Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi joshua,

There is a big difference between Christmas and New Year. So in general you will find that Christmas is quite quiet and calm without too many queues on the piste whereas New Year is a peak week with bigger queues and comparatively more expensive holidays.

So, if you have the flexibility I would suggest that you go for the Christmas week rather than the New Year one.

Happy planning!
Heather
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Which is Christmas week and which is new year?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joshua, as Heather says above, very different scenarios. NY is THE peak week of the season, and we could sell every place in all 4 properties, many times over. As everyone says pretty much the same, you can see that NY week will be busy, crowded, and more expensive. On the other hand, whilst our S/C chalets are also booked for Christmas week (19 - 26 December in our case) our catered property isn't completely booked and is quite a lot cheaper. Pistes will be quieter and the roads less busy.

Either way, sure you'll have a great time and there is certainly snow now Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joshua, Christmas is great, we and many others fail to sell out christmas, so the slopes are quieter.
New Year from about 28th onwards gets very busy. Most leave by 2nd (especially the French), then we get back to the quiet of January.
Contact Mrs DallyPaul and get her to do you a good deal. Leave any day up to 28th.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy