Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

its snowing in Italy...

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Courmayeur in Italy at the end of February for a week. Just looked at Valle d Aosta webcams and its snowing - yippeeeeeee!!!

http://www.regione.vda.it/turismo/prima_di_partire/in_tempo_reale/webcam_i.asp
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank God! I have been panicking a bit about the snow this year and when it would arrive!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing in the Val di Susa as well, forecast for snow all week bring it on
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowing in bormio as well, forecast to snow off and on all week Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NOTHING for Artesina, Mondole ski area Sad

Make it snow!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yay! we are off to pila end of jan, parts of Aosta valley are due to get between 50-80 cms this week........result!!!!!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Light snow showers for the Val Gardena area. Too light. Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looked like about 5-10 cm on the Col Raiser, val gardena webcam, hopefully more to come Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2planks wrote:
Looked like about 5-10 cm on the Col Raiser, val gardena webcam, hopefully more to come Cool

A large dump in the next week please. wink We'll be out there in 8 days. Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.acadia.it/en/winter-webcam.htm. At last SNOW snowHead

Not much but enough !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
15cm overnight, more forecast for tomorrow eve! snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
webcams in pila are showing some serious snowfall! only trouble is that i want to get there NOW and can't! have to wait a few more weeks...........
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Col dei rossi is looking better than it has all month too! Bring on christmas.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cbowls30, Pila opens on Saturday - I have to wait even longer though
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jake43, i am dying to get there NOW! looks great on the webcams......... we have 45 days to wait........... Mad
ski holidays
cbowls30, We are not out until late Feb so no idea what number of days that is. I am sure you will have a great time. You have been before haven't you. Where do you stay we stop in the Della Nouva.

Just don't want any breaks in our party this year as it was a real downer. Daughter is out in France and 2 of the girls in her room were hospitalised on the first day.... worrying.
snow conditions
Snowed all day to day in Courmayeur Wink
snow conditions
Snowed most of the day in bormio Very Happy
ski holidays
Jake43, yeh, we have stayed in different places, this season its going to be the etoile de neige, was the only place we could get lots of rooms booked in advance for our group........ we are hoping to maybe go back end of feb.... whats the the della nouva like?
ski holidays
Off in 4 days to the 'Valley'. The excitement is building. snowHead
snow report
These are from today in Courmayeur.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
latest report
Philbo,
Awesome! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
soooooo jealous!
ski holidays
cbowls30 wrote:
Jake43, yeh, we have stayed in different places, this season its going to be the etoile de neige, was the only place we could get lots of rooms booked in advance for our group........ we are hoping to maybe go back end of feb.... whats the the della nouva like?

Great B&B next to the run through the village. It is really a very good 3* but just not do evening meals which suits us as we like to go to different places each night. They don't speak english though so we book it using pilaski.co.uk as Carole lives out there in the winter and it is just so easy. She does offer your place too, interested to know if you saved anything by going direct. Her price is on the website. We have a 2 bed suite for the 3 of us at £545 each inc pass and ski hire. We fly in on Sunday and leave on the Sat missing the busier weekends so that is only for 5 days skiing.
snow report
Philbo, Oh that looks fun.
snow conditions
Jake43, hi, yeh we did save quite a bit organising it ourselves, but we mainly did that because we are quite a large group which also meant we were able to negotiate the transfer really cheap because we filled the minibus.............. snowHead
latest report
they've had so much snow in pila last 24 hrs they have delayed opening until they can groom it/make it safe!!! Shock
ski holidays
Frabosa Soprana ... 10c and no snow.

Sobs
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No Skiing today whilst we wait for Pila to open.
ski holidays
Not much round the Val Di Sole (Brenta Dolomite) below 1750m.
All runs and areas now have full cover but some grass still popping up at lower heights.

However; different problem higher up - at the top of the pejo lift (3,000m) the wind has blown the falling stuff away so you're better off lower down

Mind you Toofy Grin
Big dump forecast for most of next week
See here http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo-lungo-termine/Folgarida

Webcams here http://www.ski.it/webcam.html

Winter is coming so chill. It's snowing all over the place.

The whole of the Val Di Sole area opens today

Anyone skiing anywhere in Italy soon can find the forecast for thier area at the bottom of the weather forecast page (see link above)

latest report
Watching the men's Super G from Val Gardena on Eurosport. Plenty of snow with more forecast. We'll be skiing it on Thurs morning. Razz
snow report
Wayne wrote:
Mind you Toofy Grin
Big dump forecast for most of next week
See here http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo-lungo-termine/Folgarida.

You are kidding right? 00Z showing zero precipitation and a good chance of temperatures never dropping below freezing?
ski holidays
James the Last,
When I posted, the forecast was different from what it is now
It will change again (always does)
As an example - the temp is now showing as never getting above 0 - so it must have altered since you looked at it.
Oh well

To tell you truth I hardly ever look at the forecast.
In the past 8 year of working at the school I have never once not been able to ski down to the town (not many areas can say that ?), so I'm not that fussed
It always snows in the dolomites in the winter, so who cares if the base is 1m deep or 3m. Makes no difference, as long as there is one
snow report
Wayne, Thanks for the update. Heading out to Canazei on 28th Jan, so al most guaranteed snow, but regular updates from someone skiing would be good. First time to Canazei, any tips?
ski holidays
I'll probably post up a trip report from Val Di Fassa in the new year, we're going out on the 24th of Dec.

Oooo, only 5 more sleeps (if you include the paltry 3 hours I'll get on Friday night).
latest report
Wayne wrote:
James the Last,
When I posted, the forecast was different from what it is now
It will change again (always does)

No!!! The weather forecast cannot change. Wink
Worth noting that the latest forecast shows neither snow nor freezing temperatures!

It's still got nearly four weeks before I arrive in the Sella Ronda, so here's hoping...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy