Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian Piste v French Piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Carroz Christmas Eve (hope the snow keeps coming) First time skining France and wondered how French Slope Gradings compare with Italian Slope Gradings? ie French Green/Blue/Red/Black v Italian Blue/Red/Black.

snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Italian+piste&word2=French+piste
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Italian blacks get pisted flat towards the weekend, as the Italians don't do bumps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Exactly the same, green just means even flatter than blue.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Wood741, Might see you there, off to Samoens on th 26th, Likewise hoping for the forcasted snow next week and after..... heres hoping.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd say overall there's not much difference in the average difficulty. The Italians seem to do less engineering to create a piste. So if there's a tricky narrow, steep bit with a huge rock in the middle, halfway down a red run (that you'd only expect to encounter on a black in France) then thats just the way it is; The french are more likely to have had the dynamite out.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Much more difference between different resorts within a country than between countries.

Currently Cortina (as reported on SCGB) have 10cm of snow on upper pistes and zero on lower pistes - but piste snow quality is reported as Good Shocked . Not sure if this says something about Italian pistes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You will need to gt some french skis.
the ones you used in Italy will not work in france.

You think I am kidding? Let me tell you I have researched this and have found that in Japan there used to be import controls on foreign skis because japanese snow is different, and therefore required japanese skis.

What is right for Japan....is right for Italy and France.

You still doubt me?
Watch out for somebody who just fell over when you get to France...chances are they were on Atomics or K2 or some other foreign skis.
You won't see many fallers on Rossignols.

Go on...test it out!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wot snowball said. Grading is the same range (some tricky blues, some easy reds). Specific resorts are the ones you need to watch out for, Val d'Isere & Verbier being the obvious "under-graders", with Cervinia being somewhat optimistic in it's grading.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I prefer

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Chamonix&word2=Verbier

I wasn't aware the Italians skied. The tinfoil on their noses and under their chins would blow off.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr John, what's 'undergraded' in Verbier?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy