Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is it too early for the "Omg too much snow" thread?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nearly a meter of fresh on a fragile base or warm grass. Avalanche warnings across Europe. High winds. Roads closed. Rapid thaw on Friday.

Is it too early for the "Steady Now" OMG there's too much snow to ski thread?

Will it be 1999 all over again?

Will you be trapped in some devastated Austrian hell hole for a week scavenging for cold fondu and stroh rhum while avalanches blitz your hotel?

Will you have to turn to canabalism and eat your ski rep?

Will you need to hire rockered skis?

Should you think about cancelling your holiday and waiting till it melts a bit?

Will your charter airline let you take a dynamite in your carry on luggage?

Should you wear a helmet even though you will look a bit of a knob in the apres bar?

Will you need an airbag for Cross country skiing?

Should you take cheap Dixon's talkie walkes?

If snow dumps are ponies is there a whole hillside heading your way?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 7-12-11 16:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, Brilliant ... Smile Smile Laughing I assume the avalanche scenario is genuinely bad given the high temps?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof, Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't assume anything too much about stuff I read on the web, especially not in humerous threads. As someone has said elsewhere on this forum the micro-thaw on Friday will stabilize and compact some of the snow but personally I wouldn't ski any north facing slopes > 2200'2400m in the next couple of days.

1999 started slowly before building into an epic though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Multi kudos davidof, firstly for your witty post, and secondly being able to source such a truly GHASTLY piece of artwork - Jim Warren, wherever you are, I salute you!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No there is too much snow, in the alps at the moment it is deep enough to cover my ski's and boots, therefore people cannot see what great ski's and boots i have. I am worried if it keeps hoofing down, no one will be able to see my new jacket and salopettes through the blizzard, i want it to stop NOW..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was saying a while back it's going to be a cracker of a season because I can't ski for most of it, and then maybe only at the end but nice n'easy.

And what with going out to LG & Serre Che over New Year and then on up to Tignes to see my daughter* of course there's going to be shed loads of the white stuff!!!

So far it's really bad with mates out last weekend, texting and the like - then daily phone calls from my daughter - and numerous friends making plans - I've even offered a good friend my kit to make the most of it - so that in some bizarre way I might feel that I'm actually going to ski Sad

* I know I'm sounding like a scratched CD/Record etc
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof wrote:
Will you have to turn to canabalism and eat your ski rep?

If Carlsberg did skiing holidays...

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 7-12-11 19:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
*Carlsberg
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If it keeps going like this, I'm gonna forget ski's and hire 2 boards - one for each foot...... snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good point, well made Timmaah snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
its snow-ma-geddon ! Lock down in Val d'Isere. Cars blasted by avalanches on the les Menuires -> Val Thorens road as well as at Val d'Isere (what were the numpties in the highways dept. thinking when they left the Val Thorens road open with winds gusting to 200km/h?).

Road closures
Quote:
DANS L'OISANS:

- RD 211B : Compte tenu des chutes de neige importantes, coupure entre Villard Reculas et Huez
en Oisans pour une durée indéterminée
- RD 211A : Compte tenu des chutes de neige importantes et du risque élevé d'avalanches, coupure
entre La Garde et Auris en Oisans pour une durée indéterminée.
- RD 43A à Vaujany : Coulée d’avalanches. Coupure pour une durée indéterminée. Le tunnel est
ouvert.
- RD530: compte tenu du risque élevé d'avalanches, coupure entre le hameau de Saint Christophe
en Oisans et celui de Champhorent pour une durée indéterminée.

DANS LE GRÉSIVAUDAN

- RD 528 à Froges: Coulée de boue. Coupure pour une durée indéterminée. Déviation par RD 528 et
RD 286 via Froges.
- RD 280 à St Pierre d'Allevard: glissement de terrain (après la sortie du village de St Pierre
d'Allevard en direction du col du Barioz). Coupure pour une durée indéterminée. Déviation sur la
commune de St Pierre d'Allevard, par la RD 280i, via les hameaux de Montrenard et Le Levet.

DANS LE VOIRONNAIS-CHARTREUSE

- RD 512 : Coulée de boue à Quaix en Chartreuse. Coupure pour une durée indéterminée.
Déviation par les RD 512, RD 57, et RD 57F, via Quaix en Chartreuse, La Tronche, et St Martin le
Vinoux.
- RD 82 à Pont-de-Beauvoisin : Risque de chutes d’arbres. Coupure pour une durée indéterminée.
Déviation par les RD 1006 et RD 82H, via Pont-de-Beauvoisin.
MATHEYSINE
- RD 212 C à La Salette-Fallavaux : En raison de risque d’avalanche et de fortes chutes de neige, la
route est coupée depuis St Juliens. Durée indéterminée.

En Savoie:

- Accès aux Arcs 1950 et 2000
- RD119, accès aux Arcs 1950 et 2000 coupée pour une durée indéterminée. Déclenchement d’avalanche prévu ce jour jeudi 5 janvier de 18h à 19h30.
- RD 902 , Accès Bonneval sur Arc fermé pour la nuit.
- RD 218, accès fermé pour la nuit de Granier sur Aime .
- RD 902, fermeture accès station de Val d’Isère pour la nuit.
- RD 87a, fermeture de l’accès à la station de Tignes pour la nuit.
- RD 117, fermeture de l’accès a la station de Val thorens pour la nuit.
- RD 213 fermeture de l’accès à Celliers.
- RD 33 Fermeture à la circulation suite a une coulée de boue entre Trinité et Villard D’Hery.
- RD 202 Fermeture suite coulée de boue à Chateauneuf.
- RD 224 Plagne Bellecôte, Belle Plagne. Fermée.
- RD 27 Villard Leger fermée déviation par RD 925.
- RD 77 Montpascal fermée.

En Haute-Savoie:

- RD 16 entre Rumilly et Cessens pour un affaissement de talus.
- RD 32 col du Corbier entre Le Biot et Bonnevaux.
- RD 126 et 186 route du Mt Saxonnet et Brison pour affaissement de tallus.
- RD 35 entre Loisin et Veigy Foncenex est coupée à la ciculation à la suite d’un poteau ciment sur la chaussée.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

(what were the numpties in the highways dept. thinking when they left the Val Thorens road open with winds gusting to 200km/h?).

That no one would be daft enough to drive up the road to Val Thorens with winds gusting to 200kmh? wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Aargghhh, revival of duplicate thread. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy