Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The ski garage in Soll austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Off to austria on the 23rd Jan and been watching the webcams for the past 2 days watching the 25cm on fresh snow finally arrive. (wish i was going out there now)

I went 3 years ago and wondered can anyone remember the name for the place they call the garage? i wanted to check out prices for the ski rental and leaving our equipment there overnight.

Its the one lower down not Ediner sports which is right at the gondola

Any help greatfully received

Thanks

Toni
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is is Stoll sports ? http://www.skirental-soell.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks ill take a look that could well be them
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tonsky, that is it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have just come back from Soll and I am back out in Austria skiing again (ski welt) on the 1st February. During our stay, I hired skis for my wife and used Snow and Fun which is the rental shop based in the town, located near the church and they were ultra efficient and the cheapest hire option in the resort. We met friends who hired near the nursery slopes and as their flight arrived Saturday evening, they had to endure a wait of nearly an hour to hire the skis on the Sunday morning (skis only as they had their own boots). www.skiset.co.uk for Snow and Fun.
The best place to leave skis is at the Edinger garage at the bottom of the gondola and whilst they charge 2 euros a day, it is well worth it for the convenience of by-passing the queues at the lower stop by the nursery slopes and the fact that it is then only a 30 second walk to the gondola. It is also the best service I have ever encountered, as boots and then skis and sticks are all looked after and carefully produced, with the ski boots being the warmest I have ever encountered during a skiing holiday. Good luck and enjoy your break - The Salven Stadl with Frog on the Tyne is a brilliant après ski bar - Enjoy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lux, +1 to everything you said! tonsky, Dare I ask why you prefer Stoll? Everything about it is just... difficult!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is so ... difficult about Stoll?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's a dingy room, gear is open to everyone so no security, the boots are freezing cold and stiff in the mornings, and after you've battled the crowds and the benches and the freezing boots, you still have to take a jammed bus up to the gondel station with all your gear, or queue for the button.

It's just so much more hassle!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And mainly because Edinger is just so much more fun!! wink
https://www.facebook.com/groups/440693636053483/?fref=ts
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is everybody aware that tonsky's posts were in 2011?

Yes, Edinger seemed very good when we used it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, thread was resurrected by Lux earlier in the season Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Humpfknick, oh sorry - my bad. I misread Lux's post as being the last from 2011, and yours as being the first from 2014.

For what it's worth, we hired from Snow+Fun (edited this from Stoll which I put before - apologies) but stored with Edinger, and this worked very well. They also let us hire the skis at before 3pm the day before, which meant we got two hours free skiing (the late afternoon before is covered by the 6-day lift pass for free) as an unexpected bonus.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 10-04-14 23:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice one!! Any extra skiing is always a bonus!! Ah I don;t want it to sound like I've anything against Stoll, I really don;t, but don;t think it's fair that the reps sell it as though it's the only garage- and I even had a friend who was told by the rep that Stoll IS the Edinger Garage..!! When my friends come they rent their gear in Snow & Fun beside the Salvenstadtl, that's my rental shop of choice wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah yes I was thinking that sounded more like S+F alright! They're great in there, great quality equipment, regularly updated & so reasonable. Martin upstairs is a great bootfiter too, if you ever think of buying out there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy