Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fraud advice. Help needed. Urgent please read

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have read horror stories of people paying large deposits for chalets that dont exist, turning up to resorts where it is a fake booking and the chalet is already booked.

Ok , I put up an ad to go skiing over xmas period and join group / chalet etc.

I have been approached by an offer which all appears to be very genuine but just doesnt add up. I have been provided with login details to Skiline website confirming a booking, impressive email address from German law firm, even facebook details, complete impressive

( Just bear in mind my ad states I am 46 single male looking to ski.)

What doesnt add up is why would a 28 yr old young attractive girl want to go away with a complete stranger, share a room in a chalet ????

So before I consider sending off money ,has anyone else been sucked into an offer 23 December , Courchevele 1 week , Chalet Triolet booked through Skiline , ladies name Olga E******a

She has one advert on this site and another advert on skiline website

Apologies to Olga if genuine but seems odd to me?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you seen The Crying Game?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulio wrote:
Have you seen The Crying Game?
If you haven't, don't: it'll spoil the surprise Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulio, thank you, made my day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Paulio, admin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
is there meat and two veg on the menu?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Must be real, everyone knows that hot 28 year Russian chicks are queuing up to go skiing with a Jonny no mates 46 year old brit Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, there are a lot of scams out there which is why everyone starts looking gift horses in the mouth. I can't say for sure which is yours but I would consider the following-

1. Where are you sending the money? If legit, then you should be fine (well, except maybe for The Crying Game possibility)
Have you look at reviews operator, etc.

2. Have you tried contacting the Chalet directly?

Last year, I got a free room at the Grand Hyatt Aspen that had been sitting unclaimed for a day on Epic...
http://www.epicski.com/t/97599/breckenridge-11-30-12-04-free-accommodations-really#post_1269483

Don't think anyone took the free room at Breckenridge partly out of skepticism and partly out of the fact that nobody who needed it saw the offer- Yes, some people like myself spend a lot of time of these boards, but 90+% of skiers don't. That is why I end up offering great prices on Chalet Frisco here (and more at Epic) but still get more bookings from the general public at higher prices.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Don't do it!!!

Go on the ski trip though Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulio, admin, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As a 46 year old male, can you afford to risk a few hundred quid for a 1 in 100 chance that this is genuine and you will get your bones rattled repeatedly by a nubile 20 something for an entire week?

If so, chance it.

If not, don't. Or perhaps do. It does sound dodgy, if nothing else because you could end up with a considerable invoice to pay at the end of the week for "company".
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pay by credit card, and hope the photo is correct. That should cover the main concerns.

Make sure you delete the "German" episode of Faulty Towers on you ipad /phone if you have it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dodgyforehand,
Quote:
impressive email address from German law firm, even facebook details, complete impressive
And Facebook pages give a website legitimacy? How Puzzled Puzzled

If you're considering booking - with www.skiline.co.uk the terms and conditions state (sect 4) that they are bonded: Why don't you verify the bond by calling the CAA or alternatively you can check yourself on : http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=490&pagetype=65&appid=2&mode=detailnosummary&atolNbr=7018

Quote:
why would a 28 yr old young attractive girl want to go away with a complete stranger, share a room in a chalet ????
It's possible like most Snowheads that Olga skis and that your rush to buy new trendy underwear may be wasted Embarassed

If you do accept this tantalising offer, please tell us how it turns out!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ha, just found her and one of you is bending the truth,

She is 27.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Olga sends me emails all the time. She was 28 once! (a long time ago!)

Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
WHy not google skiline totally separate from any emails, they are a legit company iirc and then ring them?
snow report
marcellus wrote:
WHy not google skiline totally separate from any emails, they are a legit company iirc and then ring them?

Done that, it all adds up

Anyway why did I ever think I would get any sensible replies from a bunch of ski bums across the globe! lol

Olga is currently covering me in chocolate and about to throw me to her lesbian friends, heeeeeeelp
snow report
Ok I have taken the plunge and sent her £5000, she said she needed some new skis and her aunt was ill ?

Seems fair
ski holidays
dodgyforehand, This site has been highlighted by some snowHeads in the past
http://www.ski-bunnies.com/
snow report
never mind the Crying Game, have you seen Hangover 2?? Shocked Laughing

(I wont post the clip but it's available on the usual sites)
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
dodgyforehand, This site has been highlighted by some snowHeads in the past
http://www.ski-bunnies.com/

This should be on the "essential for a good ski trip thread"

Thanks to Chrome incognito as well.
ski holidays
Well latest update, we are getting married and I have sent out £10,000 as a deposit for the wedding we have planned , cant wait...........

Amazing how skiing can bring a happy couple together!
ski holidays
Only on snowheads - from sceptic to cynic in the space of half a day!
latest report
adie wrote:
Must be real, everyone knows that hot 28 year Russian chicks are queuing up to go skiing with a Jonny no mates 46 year old brit Smile

LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
dodgyforehand, are you alive, did it all work out?
latest report
I think he backed out (or she didn't reply/found someone else) and he made other arrangements
latest report
any pictures of this Miss Olga ?i think the name sounds familiar Toofy Grin
snow report
I heard they are filming Hostel 3 around this time in this destination.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy