Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski weekends (or longer) based in Nice (to Limone, Isola etc)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I was in Nice a couple of weeks back. It's very easy and cheap to fly from the UK to - tons of flights with various airlines.
Outside the train station, there's a bus stop which seemed to serve ski coaches to nearby resorts (Isola and others) in the winter season, and I think they offered a pretty good coach and lift-pass deal.
From the train map, it looks like a day trip to the Italian resort of Limone would also be pretty easy - expect the journey would be very enjoyable too.
The Med was still warm enough for a pleasant swim (18 degs) in late Nov but I expect it loses a lot of heat by Jan/Feb.
It all adds up to Nice (somewhat incongrously) potentially making a good, and unusual, base for a ski weekend or longer trip. So has anyone ever used Nice as a base, or been to the nearby resorts (I only know Isola)? Limone sounds pretty intriguing (an attractive, traditional Italian town with a strong Mediterranean feel).
Any thoughts/info much appreciated.
Thanks.
Neil Neige
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice is a cool town. Full of hookers and gamblers.

Skiing nearby is not quite so good. Most stations are limited.

Isola 2000 will be skied out in a day for intermediates and above.

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Nice.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Most stations are limited.

Isola 2000 will be skied out in a day for intermediates and above.

there is less with lifts, so thats is limited, but its not means that is boring skiing, the better skier you are, more fune you can have in a small resort if there is alot of snow, Alp maritime (france) and Alpi di mare (Italy) had more snow last season than the rest of the alpes, Limone in Italy is a nice resort, and in france Auron is alot more better and more charming than Isola 2000, http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Auron/pistemap_full the skimap lies a little, after a dump there is plenty of good offpist for real advanced skier, and its a familyresort, so you can have the good stuff for your self many days after the dump
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If ou take the bus from the airport to Isola it is Euro1 each way. Isola is ok when it gets snow but pretty limited for more than a few days, it is good with a family though as the begginer slopes are right outside the main buildings. Auron is much prettier and has better skiing. I have been in Isola though when it has had major snow and it can be a lot of fun. My wife has skied at Limone a few times and says it's great. Beware the bus trip must be a good 2 hours, I have driven up from the in-laws place in Antibes a few times and even in the car it's almost that. Closer but much lower in Grolieres-La-Niege, little family resort about 45 mins from Nice, if it has snow is ok for a day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi - many thanks for these replies. Isola's the only resort I've skied in the area. Auron sounds good as does Greolieres (which I'd never heard of). I love the lesser-known little French places. You can still get day lift passes for around 20 Euros in some of them, and people won’t respond in English to your attempts at speaking French!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agenterre lives down on the coast and skis the southern resorts quite often. I'm sure he can suggest something.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Neil Neige, I'd agree - it sounds an interesting idea. I've driven from Nice to Isola - a lot of nothing up there, and takes a while - but impressive country. When I drove up there the roads were clear, but after a lot of snow it could become a tad challenging. I don't think there's any snow down there at the moment, is there? Needs to be a "spur of the moment" kind of event.

I have a French friend who is a very good skier who enjoys Auron very much. the idea that having done each piste once you've "skied a resort out" is very British. wink Agenterre will probably come up with some much more detailed info shortly. Bonne chance!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Isola was open (for the weekend at least) a couple of weeks ago. There was snow as reported by Agenterre in another thread, as he was off to ski on it. I think they got the storm that hit the Italian coast around the same time (and gave Serre Che their dump).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i think argenterre has reviewed one or two of those resorts on the resort review thread.
going from nice -> briancon by skis is on my radar as something to do one of these days
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
link to the OMG no snow thread, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=81747&start=360#1906156
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for these - sounds like Agenterre is the guy to know!
Pam W - yes completely agree about the average British skier's baffling tick-box mentality about whizzing round the mountain doing each run once.
If the snow's good, the queues are short, and the scenery's top notch, I could happily spend several days at a little resort with say just 10 lifts and a 500m VD.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy