Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking a trip.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster.

Firstly, I would just like to say I am massively pumped for the season ahead. The snow has finally falling, and lets be honest, better late than never. Saying that, if it were to be the worst season in living memory, I can guarantee you it will be better than the best season in living memory at my home mountain. Silver lining and all that.

Anyway, I am looking to book a trip to France for 7 of us on Jan 21 for a week, but have no idea where to start really. I know about crystalski etc , but where can I find a comprehensive list of operators who arent goign to rip me off? Apologies if there is one posted somewhere already.

We are looking for a catered deal somewhere, but arent too fussed on having our own chalet. I know 7 people is annoying...

So I guess what I am asking is where should we be going, and who should we be going with for around 600 or under pp including flights etc ?! 3 intermediates and 4 beginners will be on the trip. France because a couple of the group can speak French.

Any help is greatly appreciated ! I have a feeling I may have left it a bit late to get some good deals.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
benlomond, welcome to snowheads. TOs are finding things very competitive- I doubt any are going to 'rip you off'. If you mean 'cheap', Skiworld and Ski Olympic may be worth looking at. For cheapish French resorts for intermediates and beginners, Flaine, Chatel and Les Deux Alpes spring to mind.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always worth a look at an agent's site. alpineanswers.co.uk is, to my mind, the best.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
benlomond, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Your £600 doesn't include lift pass, skis etc, I imagine?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and lessons, of course...

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
benlomond, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

If your £600 is flights and accommodation, we can probably help, as long as you can find reasonable flights. Dependent on that, maybe even transfers too Very Happy Seven isn't a problem.

Drop me a PM (send/read messages, above right) and I'll send you more details
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i am a big fan of www.supertravel.co.uk and they are very good. Your budget is tight with these guys but certainly doable if you want to take a risk and book late. I also have to say their service and accom standards are very high.

as an example you could get chalet eboulis from the this weekend for 299pp plus flights and transfers. Though the lack of snow has reduced the early prices i think if you were prepared to take a punt and wait you could get a really good price at short notice even later in the season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
last march i booked witha company called last minuite ski deals online to the les gets avoriaz region of france. i go solo mainly.they housed me in a catered chalet callet chalet monet to my suprise it ticked all the boxes,and they took care of evrything including flights all in. the total price was 485.the chalet hosts also took care of lift passes and ski rental.i had a great time the chalet houses 22 guests. give them a try lastminuite ski deals.com
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow, I feel like I should be paying for this. Thanks very much ! Ill check out the links posted above.

The six hundredish should hopefully include flights accomo and transfers !

Thanks all !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
benlomond wrote:
Hi All,
3 intermediates and 4 beginners will be on the trip. France because a couple of the group can speak French.

I think this should be your focus - make it easy for the beginners, so find a resort with some nice easy warm up runs / improvers runs, and with accommodation close to the piste (you really don't want to be getting on/off buses too much in the first week - especially as someone WILL forget the lift pass).
Go with a tour operator as they can help the logistix, organising kit hire, ski school etc
Get some good ski schools for the beginners.

Here's an option
http://www.crystalski.co.uk/search/sr.12 - La PLagne, Terra Nova, Right on the beginner slope, ski hire place in the building c. £530 incl flights & transfers, food, accommodation

Another here - http://www.skibeat.co.uk/ski-beat-resorts-Les-Arcs-chalets.asp?id=70 - nice looking chalet 30m from the lift (quieter part of resort however)- big beginner/improver area up a single lift.

if there's any date flexibility (Jan 11th?) then this is a great place - http://www.skiolympic.co.uk/ski-snowboard-holidays-les-arcs-paradiski-chalet_la_foret for under £500 with a fantastic beginners/improvers area just up a single lift

for a resort with a bit more nightlife then try Les Deux Alpes
http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski/france/les-deux-alpes/chalethotel-berangere/t/chalethotel#resortAccordion_item1_Main - altough not clear if they have availability for 7

Good luck with it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy