Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The candidates for Ski Club Council this year are:

Poster: A snowHead
in alphabetical order of surname:

Gerry Aitken (proposers: Mark Ogilvie, Andy Brend)
Anne Croft (proposers: Mark Swan, Christopher Davey)
John Poyner (proposers: Jane Fairclough, Don Henderson)
David Sterland (proposers: Don Henderson, Jon Roseway)

I hasten to apologise to any of the above for any error(s). The information was transcribed by phone from the Chief Executive's office at 11.30am this morning (nominations closed yesterday 29 August) and obviously precedes the Club's official announcement, which is conventionally made in the annual report.

There are four vacancies for Council this year. The election will take place on 29 November at the Club's annual general meeting.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
THE Gerry Aitken?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
4 vacancies, 4 candidates. Doesnt seem much point in having an election.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is this quotation applicable in the circumstances?

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It will come as no surprise that all bar one of those names appear to be Reps, the exception appears to be Anne Croft
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf wrote:
It will come as no surprise that all bar one of those names appear to be Reps, the exception appears to be Anne Croft

Didn't she play Mrs Robinson?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, er no, that was Anne Bancroft Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf, hey, I was close... Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well I've decided not to renew my membership of the SCGB this year, I was going to but having Gerry on the Council is as far as I'm concerned a step to far
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G O, speaking personally I'd be very sad to see you make that move.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmm. No one else came forward. These guys did. Something to ponder, I think.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Goldsmith, it's going to happen, it's not the same club I joined and I'm afraid that in my opinion many of the changes have been made are detrimental at worst, non beneficial at best to the majority of its members, I cannot see the point of remaining a member when I start to think like that, it would be dishonest of me to remain. The Club has become far too intrested in its commercial interests to the detriment of its members to the extent that I no longer see it as a club but as a commercial organisation.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Of all those names above which one's are Snowheads Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's worth noting that these are the people who have put themselves forwards for Council; the existing Council still have the opportunity to put forward addtional names. If additional names are put forward by Council, an election will be necessary.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just as a factual note regarding Alastair's point, two existing SCGB Council members - Don Henderson (co-opted member) and Mark Ogilvie (elected member, director) are proposing candidates above.
latest report
David Goldsmith, thanks for that - I wondered how many of the names were Council members.
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
Well I've decided not to renew my membership of the SCGB this year, I was going to but having Gerry on the Council is as far as I'm concerned a step to far

D G Orf Having read the man's posts on the SCGB forum, I cannot say I blame you.

I have not skied with him, so I may be wrong of course.

However, you must know Wengen better than the reps. You can ski with the rep for a day anyway.

If you decide to rejoin, you get two years for one.

What are you missing apart from 'Ski and Board' and the discounts ?

I may renew - but mainly because Swiss Travel Service give a 10% discount to members.
latest report
D G Orf, Gerry too is not my favourite person but I cannot see that him being on Council will make any difference to anything. He is in favour of having the SCGB forum open for non-members to read only, if I remember correctly, which would be a step in the right direction if that were to happen. It would be a shame if that were your only reason but I can see you've also become disillusioned with the way things are going.
snow conditions
Latchigo, the worst of Gerry's posts have been removed by the moderator and yes I do know Wengen well, probably better than most SCGB reps, to the extent that I once had to guide a new Rep Laughing

Cathy Coins, He's not the only reason, I was already becoming disillusioned with the club, his being nominated for the council was just the final nail in the coffin
ski holidays
Cathy Coins, I do recall his saying he'll do something about the 50 year old limit on reps . . . something to keep an eye on Confused
snow report
Fair enough - he has not yet been elected and its unfair to criticise him based on chat fora comments. Lets give it a year, I say!. After all it's an open election and any member can apply provided they have a proposer and seconder!.

D G Orf - give it another go or re-join in Wengen in the two for one year deal!
ski holidays
Let's be fair to Gerry, he can be a bit obnoxious on the discussion forum, but by all accounts he's very reasonable in person. Let's also be realistic, noone else has stood for election, and we do need people to sit on the council. If he's prepared to do it, then although I've had my differences with him in the past, I say fairplay to him, I hope that he does a good job, which I'm pretty sure that he will.

If we don't like what's happening at the SCGB, and for me apart from the way MO day was handled, I don't really have a problem with them, then let's organise ourselves and make it into a proper election next time. After all there are enough members knocking around here that we could get someone proposed and seconded if we so chose.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy